Cannot Host Party

by Caristole

Original Post

Re: Cannot Host Party

★★★★★ Novice
Generous ll and good upbringing are both unlocked i have 3 slots left, thank you
Message 11 of 83 (2,383 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Hi yes both when they were i child and i was playing one parent i tried hosting the child a birthday party but all options were blacked out so retired the mum, grew up the son, unlocked his first adult trait then tried hosting still with no luck
Message 12 of 83 (2,381 Views)

EA app Team
It's normal you couldn't host it when still being a child, but you should have gotten the option when you got the Generous trait, that is strange. Thanks for the additional info, @s_jane84.

Do you have another mobile phone or tablet where you can try the game? And do you have the game connected to your EA or another account so the progress is saved in the cloud? If so, could you please try to download the game and your progress into the second device and check if you still cannot host a party there?

Would it be possible for you to share a couple screenshots with us? The first one of the information that appears when you go to Settings > Help & About > About, and another one with the Sim's traits screen?

Thanks again,
-Mai
Message 13 of 83 (2,356 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Heres one photo it says the trait ones too big so going to send it seperately. I don’t have another device no oh and I’m iphone if that makes a difference
Message 14 of 83 (2,348 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
My file is 5602k and max is 3072k i can email it? Or i can give you my email thank you for trying to help i really appreciate it
Message 15 of 83 (2,347 Views)

★★ Novice
I’m lvl 40 Souper rich , maxed out careers and hobbies. No parties have been available since my first Sim . He is dead now RIP lol Since then I have made retired many Sims. Every time I log in I get “ Congrats for party level 10” It’s stuck on that. I contacted EA help but they sent me an apology letter. I’ve read through threads for help and tried everything but nothing is happening ! Help! I feel like quitting soon so many bugs 🐜 🐛 🐞. .... I even reinstalled the game , it didn’t work 😭😭😭😭😭😭
Message 16 of 83 (2,288 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Goodness, sorry to hear that i think it’s terrible bringing out buggy games and not releasing patches when they know the problems we are experiencing
Message 17 of 83 (2,272 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @s_jane84,

Thanks for the screenshot! No need to send any files Standard smile

Do you have the game connected to your EA Account, Twitter, Facebook or Game Center so your progress is saved to the cloud? If so, at this point I would recommend reinstalling the game.

Once you reinstall the game, you will be asked to create a new Sim, and play for a bit until you get a screen asking you if you want to download your previous progress from the cloud (it's important you choose to download your progress!). If the screen doesn't appear by itself, then use the right menu when available to log into your account.

@Shazza1974, in your case, when contacting EA Help, did you make sure to select 'Technical support' as the reason of your help request? If not, please, open a new case selecting that.

Thank you!
-Mai

Message 18 of 83 (2,247 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Thank upu for your reply. The person above tried reinstalling to no effect and it was the tech department i spoke to. Think I’ll just wait for the patch to be announced hopefully in a future update but thank you for your help
Message 19 of 83 (2,233 Views)

Can not throw a party and am level 40

★★ Apprentice

I have been playing since launch and been through so many issues but this one seems to not get fixed.

i did the tutorial way back when it came up in the event.  I tried somewhere in level 20 to do a party to obtain a sim and had same issue.  I check daily and it’s always the same and all my sims have all four traits. 

Message 20 of 83 (2,207 Views)