Re: Cannot Host Party

by s_jane84

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot Host Party

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung S6
OS Version G920PVPS4DRA2
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003279096314
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You should be able to see that my Sim, Katy, has all gour traits unlocked. When she is not in an event and at home, I try hosting a party, but the game says I need to choose a new trait this week.
What do you expect to see? To be able to click on the birthday party.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback I have had this problem since i started playing the game.

Screenshots attatched.
Message 1 of 83 (20,188 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice
I finally was. Only after I created a new Sim.
So, I retired my first sin, left the second one working. Then created a new one where the retired one went. Only the new one is able to throw a party.

View in thread

Message 5 of 83 (21,465 Views)

All Replies

Were you ever able to throw a party?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 83 (20,129 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @Caristole,

Unfortunately, the reason you are in this situation is that to unlock parties you need to have had a birthday party first, and to do that, you need to chose a new trait.

Did you choose all the traits for your Sims before doing the party tutorial?

Given the state in which you are, you would have two options to fix this:
1.- Retire one of your Sims.
2.- Unlock the third slot so you can have a third Sim.

Doing either of this, you could create a new Sim that will need new traits. Standard smile

-Mai
Message 3 of 83 (20,120 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My girlfriend has the exact same problem, she retired a sim and created a new one she selected a new trait and still couldn’t host a new week party. It stays locked what else can we try?
Message 4 of 83 (20,071 Views)

★★ Novice
I finally was. Only after I created a new Sim.
So, I retired my first sin, left the second one working. Then created a new one where the retired one went. Only the new one is able to throw a party.
Message 5 of 83 (21,466 Views)

★★★ Newbie
She also creates a new one exactly the same way what did she do wrong?
Message 6 of 83 (20,055 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I’m having the same problem. Forums all suggested retiring a sim so reluctantly I did so, replaced with my grown up child sim, unlovked a trait and STILL couldn’t throw a birthday party. My sim wasn’t busy and was at home too. It’s been incredibly frustrating and I darent attempt to try unlocking another trait again to try as we only have a few goes. Don’t know what to do, even phoned the helpline and they just said they’d note the bug
Message 7 of 83 (19,961 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @s_jane84,

Sorry to read making your child playable didn't help.

Do you remember when your child unlocked their trait? Did you try to host the party as soon as the trait was unlocked, with that Sim selected?

Would you mind sharing your player ID with us? You can find it as explained here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Guide-How-to-find-your-player-ID-in-The-Sims-Mobile/td-p/...

Thank you!
-Mai
Message 8 of 83 (19,940 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Hi, i tried to throw a party the same day i had unlocked his first trait (he was my child but i waited til he was an adult, retired other sim then controlled him) my player id is: 1003444928863
Message 9 of 83 (19,922 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @s_jane84,

You mention you unlocked a trait, but just to make sure - did you choose a trait for your Sim? If so, could you tell us which trait you chose? Is it showing in your Sim's traits panel?

Thanks for the additional details!
-Mai

Message 10 of 83 (19,903 Views)