Re: Cannot Control B Receiver on Deep Routes After Ball Thrown.

by newgore49

Original Post

Cannot Control Receiver After Ball Thrown or Receiver Doesn't Run Route

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:PC
Which console generation do you have?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred 8/4/2019
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Cloud
Summarize your bug Two times in two different games I have switched to control a deep receiver and the receiver did not respond to my controller actions. They actually veered toward the post slightly and kept running essentially taking them out of the play. Both times it was the B receiver on an Xbox one controller. Both times the receiver was running a streak. Please fix this!
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? run 4 deep plays and throw deep to the B receiver. It will eventually happen.
What happens when the bug occurs? The receiver veers toward the post slightly and keeps running essentially taking them out of the play. The last time it happened I actually gained control as the ball was tipped by a defender.
What do you expect to see? I expect to take control of the receiver immediately after selecting them. Just like any other player on the field. Also this form is bugged. I had to fill it out twice before I could submit it.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? 1080ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb

What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Summarize your bug Two times in two different games I have switched to control a deep receiver and the receiver did not respond to my controller actions. They actually veered toward the post slightly and kept running essentially taking them out of the play. Both times it was the B receiver on an Xbox one controller. Both times the receiver was running a streak. Please fix this!
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? run 4 deep plays and throw deep to the B receiver. It will eventually happen.
What happens when the bug occurs? The receiver veers toward the post slightly and keeps running essentially taking them out of the play. The last time it happened I actually gained control as the ball was tipped by a defender.
What do you expect to see? I expect to take control of the receiver immediately after selecting them. Just like any other player on the field. Also this form is bugged. I had to fill it out twice before I could submit it.

What is your gamertag/PSN ID? madmazz176
What do you expect to see? I expect to take control of the receiver immediately after selecting them. Just like any other player on the field.

Message 1 of 21 (2,560 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@madmazz176 

If you throw to the receiver with the "B" button do you also press "B" to gain control of them? Which difficulty are you playing the game on?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 21 (2,518 Views)

★★ Novice
@madmazz176 Same thing happens to me I actually log in to write this same glitch this needs to be fixed caused me two picks
Message 3 of 21 (2,500 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes I am selecting the receiver after throwing the ball. I’m on All-Pro difficulty.

Message 4 of 21 (2,483 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry FYI This occurred again with the B receiver on a deep crossing route on third down. He was wide open and after throwing the ball to B and selecting the receiver, he just kept running off the field and into the stands. He was wide open too. This time the I was in the Face of the Franchise Mode.

Message 5 of 21 (2,455 Views)

Community Manager

@madmazz176 

Did you tap the receiver button without touching the analog sticks? 

Is your mouse/mousepad level? I'm wondering if somehow the mouse or keyboard are being activated when throwing it causing the game to switch to the mouse.

Try unplugging the mouse to see if it still happens after throwing to the B receiver on a deep route. Can you reproduce this in practice mode so you can keep throwing it deep over and over again?

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 21 (2,421 Views)

★★ Novice

This is absolutely a problem. I've been playing Madden for years and have never had this problem but it happens on almost every deep ball. The receivers literally take themselves out of the play. 

Message 7 of 21 (2,412 Views)

Community Manager

We'll get this up to the team for them to be aware of but we'll need to gather some information:

• Which platform do you play on?
  • Which game(s) mode does it happen in?
  • What type of controller are you using?
  • Does it happen for deep routes for ALL PLAYS or specific ones? If it's specific plays please list them
  • Have you tried reinstalling the game or repairing it in Origin? (PC users)
  • Please include video footage if possible (ex: link to YouTube clip)
Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 21 (2,407 Views)

★★★ Novice
  • Which platform do you play on? PC
  • Which game(s) mode does it happen in? So far Face of the Franchise and Franchise modes
  • What type of controller are you using? XBOX One for PC
  • Does it happen for deep routes for ALL PLAYS or specific ones? If it's specific plays please list them So far it has happened on 4 deep and 3 deep plays only. Seems to be third down.
  • Have you tried reinstalling the game or repairing it in Origin? (PC users) I updated it today but have not reinstalled it.
  • Please include video footage if possible (ex: link to YouTube clip) I'll see if I can get you one although it did not happen today.
Message 9 of 21 (2,402 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry Here is a vid of this happening in practice mode in Franchise. The play is at the 2:38 mark. the receiver just keeps running but this time he actually did the catch animation. You can see I took control.  I was trying to move him to make the catch but he did not respond.

You can also see successful plays before that in the vid.

https://youtu.be/A-FcN3fxAHs

Message 10 of 21 (2,388 Views)