Re: Cannot Access Cataclysm, Infinite Loading Screen

by Thesis77

Original Post

Re: Cataclysm won't load

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm also having this problem. I've tried repairing the game, and uninstalling / reinstalling the game.

I queued on normal and got in. But the mobs were invisible, I encountered a ?, interacted with it and got a black loading screen. I think you should take the event down and do some serious bug fixing, and then try again.

Message 21 of 49 (1,881 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same Issue as stated above. Can't even get in on normal difficulty

What I've tried:

- restart game

- restart PC

- repair game

- un- and reinstall game

- deleted Bioware Folder under My Documents

- tried on normal difficulty

Message 22 of 49 (1,866 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello Freelancers!

Thanks for all the detailed reports so far! Our experts are currently looking into the issue.

/Ataashi

Message 23 of 49 (1,819 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Ataashi Is there an expected time of the fix? I'm really sad because of missing all of those daily challanges, specially with new melee weapons
Message 24 of 49 (1,756 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Ataashi That would be nice. Hopefully it won't take 7 months or so to do something.
Message 25 of 49 (1,742 Views)

★ Novice

As this is a timed event,  what happens to us people that haven't 

been able to access the cataclysm at all,  seems we're missing out on this. 

Message 26 of 49 (1,719 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same problem. Deleted Bioware folder, did a fresh install, and yet the problem persists. Haven't been able to load into any Cataclysm.

The memes are true. Bioware can't add anything to this game without breaking something else. This is ridiculous from a studio this big and well-established. Where's the QA? Is this not a AAA game?? 

Message 27 of 49 (1,711 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue as everyone else and have tried all the similar solutions. I have wasted hours now trying to get this expansion to load. So much for fun on my two days off. Now I miss out on the dailies that give weapons. Will you guys compensate us with all the missed chests and crystals that we missed out on this week then? Cause to be honest this is to getting to be the last straw with anthem for me. You guys never fixed all the bugs before you released this and now even more and worse ones. And now bugs in limited time events. I really hate that you guys even go with the whole live service and timed crap. I cannot stand feeling I have limited time to get event items in games anymore. Just getting to be the lame disappearing carrot on a stick gimmick. So just know at least from my end I expect compensation for down time that is your guys fault when I already paid 60 bucks for a game. 

Message 28 of 49 (1,688 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I could finally enter, on normal difficulty. Didnt had the time to switch back to GM2 and entering, but my hopes are high that'll work finally.

Just deleted the Bioware folder and switched to normal.

UPDATE: works for me now in all difficulties, here's what I've done:

1. completed the 2 or 3 story missions

2. deleted Bioware folder, reapplied my settings afterwards

3. Entering in GM2 still doesnt work, so I switched to Normal -> works. Completed the event.

4. Retried with GM1,2,3 -> i can enter on all difficulties.

I think one of the important things might be to clear the story missions, and enter in another difficulty.

Hope it helps someone.

Maybe all this is unrelated and it was a kind of miracle healing, i just dont know Wink

Good luck!Q

Message 29 of 49 (1,677 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Thesis77 They will no compensate us. Not when they view the core of their fans are entitled and any criticism of Bioware or Anthem as toxic behavior. Bioware are beyond reproach in their own eyes. Despite being constantly mislead and, in some cases, lied to about the development of this game, despite it being woefully lacking features and yet rushed to market, despite all the broken promises of their roadmap (which was really just a PR ploy to point to when people said the game at launch had barely any content), despite the many bugs, glitches and technical problems this game has had, and continues to have, it's business as usual at Bioware.
Message 30 of 49 (1,650 Views)