by PapaFoamCup

Original Post

Re: Cataclysm won't load

★★★★★ Novice

same here have tried to repair and still same thing 

Message 11 of 49 (3,540 Views)

Re: Cannot Access Cataclysm, Infinite Loading Screen

★★ Novice

It's very annoying to try and play a game that many people aren't even playing anymore and I still have problems getting into the game. This many months from launch it should be running more smoothly than it has been. It's like EA is trying to get rid of what little player base is left. 

I paid for the legion of dawn edition and I feel like I'm always the last one to get the content because the game simply doesn't want to load for me. 

Message 12 of 49 (3,498 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue, cataclysm has worked once but we got wiped. I had to Alt-F4 out of the game because an infinite respawn screen.

Since then, I cannot enter cataclysm anymore, also with second loading bar at roughly 20% forever.

Too bad Cataclysm is here and I cannot play it Frown

What I've tried:

- restart game

- restart PC

- repair game

- un- and reinstall game

Please hotfix this before the event ends!

Message 13 of 49 (3,437 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here... EA you got to be kidding me...ffs 

Message 14 of 49 (3,379 Views)

★ Apprentice

5kramp posted a fix.. 

Although I only had to delete the BioWare folder in documents not the entire game. 

C:/Users/USERNAME/Documents

I’m in! 

Message 15 of 49 (6,669 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This workaround worked for me in the past:

1. Close game
  2. Close Origin launcher
  3. Launch either Warframe, Destiny 2, The Division 2, or one of the Borderlands games
  4. Play one or more of the aforementioned games and wait for BioWare to fix the issue
  5. Enjoy!

Note: It is recommended that you repeat this process after (a.) new content is initially released and subsequently fixed by BioWare, and/or (b.) you complete the new Anthem content and are waiting for new content mentioned in their now sunset product Road Map.

Message 16 of 49 (3,364 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here. Can load everything else except cataclysm. I restarted the game, deleted the bioware folder in my documents; nothing seems to work.

Message 17 of 49 (3,268 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. Stuck forever on 2nd load screen . The scoring screen. Can’t play the new content

Message 18 of 49 (3,221 Views)

Is this PC specific?

Did anyone find a workaround?

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 19 of 49 (3,207 Views)

★★★ Novice

Funny thing - I launched Cataclysm on Normal difficulty and the game loaded successfully.

I played the mission on normal and after that I can access on GM1 and GM2.

Maybe I was just lucky or they guys fixed the issue but maybe try this if you still have a issue. 

Message 20 of 49 (3,191 Views)