★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Loading into the Cataclysm even from the mission launcher
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug Loading screen will load completely, then reset and load ~25% of the bar again, then hang indefinitely.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure. There seems to be a few of us in the Anthem Discord having the issue, but many others accessing The Cataclysm just fine. I've tried loading in as a group and solo, always the same result.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have to alt+f4 and restart the game.
What should be happening instead? I should load into an instance of The Cataclysm.

There have been a couple times when I have loaded into The Cataclysm and have been greeted with what I have attached in a screenshot. I have no access to menus, no UI, and no response from controls.

I did successfully load into the cataclysm once but I had 2 invisible teammates and all enemies and mission objectives were also invisible. When I died in an attempt to reload the zone the game hung in an infinite loading screen just like the one described in the bug report.

Message 1 of 49 (4,028 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot Access Cataclysm, Infinite Loading Screen

★ Apprentice

5kramp posted a fix.. 

Although I only had to delete the BioWare folder in documents not the entire game. 

C:/Users/USERNAME/Documents

I’m in! 

View in thread

Message 15 of 49 (6,710 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Cataclysm won't load

★★★ Newbie

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Geforce GTX 980 Ti, Geforce GTX 1050 Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16, 32
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Cataclysm
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 8/6/2019
Summarize your bug Ever since the cataclysm update, i have been unable to launch the cataclysm mode of the game. The game starts a 2nd loading bar after the first one, and it gets stuck at approximately 1/5th of the way.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The issue seems to occur due to a '2nd' loading screen past the first one.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game loads on the first loading screen then switches to a 2nd loading screen with the title of 'scoring' and gets stuck there.
What should be happening instead? The cataclysm game mode should load.

Ever since the update came out, I was pretty excited and finished the story missions. However, the cataclysm just won't load. The game goes to a 2nd loading screen and gets stuck there.

I have tried the following things in hopes that it might load:
1) Played on a different computer (laptop)
2) Re-installed game after registry cleaning
3) Repaired game
4) Played on 3 different internet connections
5) Disabled firewall, antivirus, enabled DMZ

Message 2 of 49 (4,089 Views)

Re: Cataclysm won't load

★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. I played through the story missions that lead to the cataclysm, also did a few Freeplay runs, all with no problems, but can't play the Cataclysm mode no matter what, it gets stuck in a second loading screen.

Message 3 of 49 (4,072 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Exact same issue. Tried restarting the game and tried rebooting my computer. Also tried just letting it load, but nothing happened for 20 minutes.

Message 4 of 49 (4,061 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also same issue.

After first loading screen I am in the mission for a very short moment then over to the second loading screen.

Rest of the game runs fine. Problem is just with the Cataclysm mission.

Message 5 of 49 (4,053 Views)

★ Apprentice

same here, 

1st bar load then 2nd bar start after 1/8 fill is will stay there forever

Message 6 of 49 (4,033 Views)

★★★★ Novice

its the same endlees loading screen nothing more rest works fine

Message 7 of 49 (4,028 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same issue. Everything apart from Cataclysm loads and is playable. Gets stuck on 5% on a second loading screen. I did not have this issue with the PTS. Both installed onto same pc. 

Message 8 of 49 (4,021 Views)

★★★ Novice
@High I got the same issue. Please EA send hotfix.
Message 9 of 49 (4,003 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here

Story missions worked perfect.

Cataclysm stuck on second loading screen every time

Message 10 of 49 (3,981 Views)