Can't use ultimate (z) in training mode

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Steam-PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Hazysmom
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? n/a
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? n/a
Where did the issue occur? Returning to the lobby after a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Training mode
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to complete training by using the ultimate after pressing the z key, pressing the mouse key nothing happens except the hand trembles
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0 - I was in training, not in the game. Can't play the game because of mandatory training
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 04.11.2020 21:45 PST
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The training tells me to press the z key. I press the z key for the care package. It turns blue, I click the left mouse button and the characters hand trembles as if he is trying to squeeze the trigger but he never does. I have gone through the training 3 times and the same thing occurs.
What should be happening instead? The character squeezes the trigger to unlock the care package
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know

Not able to play the game because of the training. It would be good to remove the mandatory training in order to play the game. I have gone through the training 3 times and each time when I get to the end I am unable to use the ultimate. After pressing the z button the item appears, it turns blue, I click the mouse button and nothing happens.  Also your options as to where the incident occurred are terrible. None of the options you present are where the issue happened. Add more as there are many more places where an issue can occur or let the user provide there own. Lastly, you assume all of the issues occur in game when I'm sure they don't. You should clean this up also as issues happen in different places of the game, and sometimes not in the actual play of the game.

Message 1 of 28 (63,101 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't use ultimate (z) in training mode

★★★★★ Newbie

go to the left of it it worked for me

View in thread

Message 17 of 28 (27,498 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
@hazysmom move around and get to the lower grounds away from path finder... it worked for me
Message 2 of 28 (63,077 Views)

Community Manager

That's interesting, the invalid area is definitely larger than it was in earlier versions of the game. 

As @Altair7395  says, moving away from Pathfinder  should get you to an area where you can drop the Ult and finish the training.

Good point on the area thing too, as lots of folks test things on the Firing Range, we'll factor that in when we next review these fields. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 28 (63,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Use some logic before putting such mandatory training. First of all no game is without bugs the instructions are like *, Press LB + RB , pressing that does nothing, You have to find the correct ground plus it won't put it , you have to press more keys. Absolutely disappointing, the creator of the game thinks that only a PRO player will play......

Message 4 of 28 (62,672 Views)

★★★ Newbie

omg thank you ive been so stuck on this

Message 5 of 28 (61,048 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. Thank you so much this has been very helpful

Message 6 of 28 (59,785 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It doesn't work for me and I have the same problem.

Message 7 of 28 (56,090 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Altair7395 thank you it worked
Message 8 of 28 (52,676 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

What a colossal waste of time. I had to start and restart training multiple times over several days. Nothing got the z key to work. Finally I did a google search and found this thread. Even when I left the pathfinder area it did not work right away. A lot of the keys in the training did not work the first time I pressed them. It ought to be simple for this game to remember where I stopped in the training. You are probably losing a lot of potential players due to all these problems.

Message 9 of 28 (44,227 Views)

★★★ Newbie

All I had to do was get kicked for inactivity then go back then it worked 

Message 10 of 28 (43,933 Views)