by DgkAllDay09

Original Post

Can’t use new mirage cowboy skin

★ Guide

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? benson09
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Mirage
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Any
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Any
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 15-10-19 11:35 am
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I can NOT equip the new Mirage skin I just paid 18$ for. I have to close the app open it back up and then I can use it.... for 1 game, then somehow it unequipped and so random skin in equipped.
What should be happening instead? My skin should be usable and stay on every match
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea. About to tell yin’s to keep it and just give me my money back.

I’ve never had this happen before. First game of fright or flight and I hate to dashboard 3 times to even get the skin to equip, come back to the lobby after the match and some random skin is equipped and I have to dashboard yet again. This is stupid... it already cost 300% more than normal and it doesn’t even function right.. give me a fn break people

Message 1 of 18 (558 Views)

Re: Can’t use new mirage cowboy skin

Community Manager

@DgkAllDay09 Thank you for the post and details given, we're looking into it.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 18 (553 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I’m irritated, don’t mean to take it out on y’all. Hope you can get it fixed bc it’s an awesome skin!! Good luck 

Message 3 of 18 (549 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It's not just mirage I bought all the packs and I cant use any skin for weapon or legend or the heirloom

Message 4 of 18 (545 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks for the extra detail, that helps a lot. 

Edit: I see you've marked yourself as on Xbox One, but It looks like you're on PS4 to me. Can you confirm what system you're on?

Edit 2: Can you try closing down the game client then see if they'll work properly afterwards?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 18 (542 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_David Its with all the new skins, except that in my case afterwards it just equips the standard skin i have bought gibby, bloodhunter and caustic skin. My gamertag(on ps4) is Kwirx12 pls fix it i dont wanna have to restart the game over and over just to play my lil pumpkin.
Message 6 of 18 (531 Views)

Community Manager

@Fluffy_Mangoo Hey, I just got word that a single game client restart should allow you to equip the items without issue, can you try that?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 18 (528 Views)

★ Novice

I tried a restart and was still unable to use my new crypto skin

Message 8 of 18 (516 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thank you for that. Can I double check that you exited the game, manually closed the client, then restarted?

I can see the skin in your inventory so you definitely have it. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 18 (505 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_David Thanks!
Message 10 of 18 (499 Views)