Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't use arrow keys for movement.

★★★ Newbie

Product: A Way Out
Platform:PC
Which mode has this happened in? Online Co-Op
Which character were you controlling? Leo
Summarize your bug Me and my father both play with the mouse in the left-hand and use the arrow keys for movement. When we re-bind W,A,S,D to the arrow keys, the game is unplayable. The arrow keys automatically control the camera/look around so every time we walk forward, the camera moves on the Y-axis. There's no option in the controls (that we can find) to disable whatever is conflicting with these keys.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? use the arrow keys instead of W,A,S,D
What happens when the bug occurs? Camera shifts above the characters head when trying to walk forward.
What do you expect to see? Add option to re-bind the camera movements away from the arrow keys.

Hopefully this can be fixed soon.

Message 1 of 9 (14,046 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't use arrow keys for movement.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey guys! I've found a way of using the arrow keys for movement, without it controling the camera. I just used a program called "AutoHotKey" which allows you to script keys. For this, all i done to be able to play this game with arrow keys was make this script;

Up::w

Down:: s

Left::a

Right::d

The down script is meant to have no space after the colon, but I had to put a space there because it turns it into an emoji.

copy and paste that into a new script and you will be able to use arrow keys in A Way Out.

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (14,774 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem, the game is definitly not playable for left-handed people.

Please fix it asap! Frown

Thanks!

Message 2 of 9 (13,946 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
How is this still a thing in 2018...
Message 3 of 9 (13,930 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Can an official answer us if the pb will be fix soon ?
Unplayable here too
Message 4 of 9 (13,901 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is there any fix yet? I just downloaded this game to find out i can't play as a lefty. Very disappointed that a game of today cannot accommodate for left handed players using the arrow keys! FIX PLEASE.

Message 5 of 9 (13,839 Views)

★★★ Newbie

A week later ... nothing.
May as well try for a refund? 

Message 6 of 9 (13,831 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey guys! I've found a way of using the arrow keys for movement, without it controling the camera. I just used a program called "AutoHotKey" which allows you to script keys. For this, all i done to be able to play this game with arrow keys was make this script;

Up::w

Down:: s

Left::a

Right::d

The down script is meant to have no space after the colon, but I had to put a space there because it turns it into an emoji.

copy and paste that into a new script and you will be able to use arrow keys in A Way Out.

Message 7 of 9 (14,775 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks dude you are amazing!!!! 

EA should definitely hire you Standard smile

Message 8 of 9 (13,755 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm glad I was able to help.
Message 9 of 9 (13,732 Views)