by beth630

Original Post

Can't travel with Sims to Actor or Interior Designer Career

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 Cats & Dogs, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Get together, Sims 4 Cottage Living, Sims 4 Discover University, Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle, Sims 4 Get Famous, Sims 4 Get to Work, Sims 4 Island Living, Sims 4 Seasons, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Dream Home Decorator, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Realm of Magic, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff, Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you have Get Famous or Dream Home Decorator installed, load up Sims 4. 1) Load a save file or make a new one 2) When loaded, go on the phone and click 'Find a Job' 3) Here you'll see that Actor and Interior Designer are no longer careers that you can follow your sims to. 4) Click Actor and choose an Agency & choose a gig 5) Open the job panel and here you'll see that you do not get any tasks to complete.
What happens when the bug occurs? It means I cannot follow my sims into the careers, which makes it harder for progression of the careers and is one of the main parts of what I paid for when I bought these packs. Also, since the Acting career gives you no tasks, you will always fail the gigs you choose.
What do you expect to see? That I can travel with my sims to their acting or house designing gig, considering that that is what I paid for. That tasks are given to prepare for the acting gig, so that it isn't automatically failed from failure to do so.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest Sims 4 Update is what brought this issue to my game.

Since the update, I haven't been able to travel with my Sims to the Actor Career or the Interior Designer Career. I also haven't been given any tasks to complete for the Acting gigs, which would cause me to fail each one. My sister is also receiving this issue.

Message 1 of 33 (5,385 Views)

Re: Can't travel with Sims to Actor or Interior Designer Career

Hero
@beth630 Any mods/cc in your game ? If so, have you tested without ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 33 (5,375 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have tested without, yes, and as has my sister but it still isn't working

Message 3 of 33 (5,369 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have also tried repairing the game from Origin, and removing mods and save files to create a completely new game where all the pop-ups for packs come back up, etc. and it is still broken.

Message 4 of 33 (5,349 Views)

Hero

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/off but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 33 (5,343 Views)

★★★ Novice

There, I've edited it with all the questions

Message 6 of 33 (5,312 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. Never had mods or custom content and recently updated game and noticed those are no longer careers you can go to with your SimFrown I have almost every pack as well.

Message 7 of 33 (5,268 Views)

Hero
@beth630 Thank you

I tested actor really quick and while I can duplicate the missing icons, the career worked fine for me.

Does your Sim still have to go to auditions and did this work or also not ? The pic you posted looks like before going to the audition. Task only appear once you pass the audition.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 33 (5,267 Views)

★★★ Novice

I fail the auditions because I have no preparation tasks, meaning I go to the auditions unprepared and therefore fail them.

Message 9 of 33 (5,259 Views)

Hero
@beth630 Auditions have no tasks. Make sure you have the skills required and go to the audition in a good mood. You shouldn't fail then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 33 (5,249 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help