Can't start career in restaurant

by onehitparry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't start career in restaurant

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 6s
OS Version iOS 11.2.6
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003384595270
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to start restaurant career for second sim
What do you expect to see? There should be some kind of indication that my Sim has started her career
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback See Below

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out how to get my second sim to start a career.  Every time I tap on the pink briefcase icon at the restaurant, the "Out of the Frying Pan" story prompt comes up, but the only option I have is "Choose Later."  The same thing happens when I start to start a fashion career.

Message 1 of 8 (1,473 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't start career in restaurant

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@onehitparry

You should click on the big circular button in the middle to start it Standard smile

button.png

(Edit (Phantom): Added a picture for clarification) 

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (2,065 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@onehitparry

You should click on the big circular button in the middle to start it Standard smile

button.png

(Edit (Phantom): Added a picture for clarification) 

Message 2 of 8 (2,066 Views)

★★★ Newbie
For mine thier is no big bottom to press..
Thier is just no way he can work it's wierd because he can still do the actions but get nothi g fir it
Message 3 of 8 (1,430 Views)

★★ Novice
You need to click the portrait itself, the picture of the story.
Message 4 of 8 (1,418 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have this same issue as @taylorcuth912, however, I have clicked the button in life events screen as well and that didn't work either.  I go to work and can do actions but get no progress for it. Also no option is provided to select the shift type. 

Message 5 of 8 (1,413 Views)

★★ Novice
I’m having this issue now too, and I can’t post a question to get it resolved.
Message 6 of 8 (1,402 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@CMeki and @oFishBowl
Many thanks for the advice.  The good news is I was finally able to start the career.  The bad news is I have now idea what I did differently.  º~º  I tried again last night out of desperation and it just sort of worked.  I don't remember if I clicked the portrait or not.  Nonetheless, thank you for your suggestions.

Message 7 of 8 (1,392 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@CMeki This worked when I was trying to take on a hobby.  I probably clicked on the portrait without realizing it.  Thanks!

Message 8 of 8 (1,151 Views)