Re: CAS hates lesbians maybe (Relationship Issue)

by yuk75

Original Post

Re: CAS hates lesbians maybe (Relationship Issue)

★ Guide

Wow! I have to load my game up now, because come to think of it I only looked to ensure my sim was listed as the kids mothers, not the other sim because we're not attatched.....so it probably isn't listing right and in my brain it made sense because we weren't married or bf/gf lol (I tried out that free love NAP it was ummm insane LOL). 

So.....

olivetree.png

First kid is from the reaper, the two last ones are from a male but the rest are from her best friends who were girls.

olivetree2.png

If I click on Daphne, it tells me she belongs to both mothers, however I suspect maybe this works for me and not you because one of her mums got married (I hate how the game just generates spouses like where is the story progression?!)

daphne2.png

However Daphne doesn't show as my daughter in relationships....

but she kind of does in the profile

daphne.png

Another fun one, the kids born to the male sim don't show their mother (I suspect because she died and their dad used the de-deathify spell on her) who is at the very least engaged to if not married to their dad once she was resurrected...

nadia1.png

nadia2.png

Also not sure why he's showing with a parent...him and the 4 adult girls were all made in CAS together.....so they don't have parents.

I wonder if your sim marries it will show correctly lol.

Message 11 of 18 (2,190 Views)

Re: Can't set two mothers/fathers as parents in CAS

Champion

So I decided to do some tests on this (since I had mods turned off anyway testing a different problem I had) and I can only recreate this when an unmarried Sim adopts, regardless of gender. Steps I took to test:

1. Create household with two male Sims, set them as married, give them children in the following ways:

a. Create another random Sim in the household, make them a child, assign their relationship to both adults in the household as father.

*Success, both are now father.

b. Play with genetics, using both adult male Sims

*Success, by default both are father.

c. Place in household, have one go to computer and adopt.

*Success, by default both are father.

2. Create household with two female Sims, leave them unmarried to see if it makes a difference, give them children in the following ways:

a. Create another random Sim in the household, make them a child, assign their relationship to both adults in the household as mother.

*Success, both are now mother.

b. Play with genetics, using both adult female Sims

*Success, by default both are mother.

*Failure: Child belongs only to Sim who adopted

3. Create household with two adult Sims, one male and one female, give them children in the following ways:

a. Create another random Sim in the household, make them a child, assign their relationship to both adults in the household as mother/father.

*Success, both are now parents.

b. Play with genetics, using both adult Sims

*Success, by default both are parents.

*Failure: Child belongs only to Sim who adopted

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 12 of 18 (2,143 Views)

★ Guide

In all of those cases did you check if they were listed as parents in:

1. Family tree

2. Relationship Panel

3. Profile Panel

4. CAS

The most likely place to show is the family tree, but the relationship hovers and the profiles are often mismatched and CAS has also been a problem.

Message 13 of 18 (2,127 Views)

Champion
@yuk75 I was looking at the profile panels and CAS. I think I checked the relationship panel as well? But may not have on everyone, so I can’t guarantee there wasn’t a mismatch there. Didn’t open the family tree at all.
She/Her
Message 14 of 18 (2,114 Views)

2 men can't be fathers at the same time to 1 kid

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.186.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Kits, Wedding Stories, Kitchen stuff pack, Fitness stuff pack, Bowling, Moschino, Luxury Stuff pack,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go in CAS, put 2 men (didnt test with women), put kid(s), go to the "family tree" relations thingy, put the 2 men as fathers and BOOM, one of them can't be father at the same time. Sooooo.... ??????
What happens when the bug occurs? ?
What do you expect to see? Being able to put 2 men/women as parents equally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As stated, it's not working. Tho I tested with a family on the gallery : 1 women and 1 men with kids, changed the women to men, it worked. But if you make 2 men right away it's not working.
Just tested and 2 women is working ?? Please fix it

Message 15 of 18 (2,018 Views)

Re: 2 men can't be fathers at the same time to 1 kid

Champion

Does it work if the two men are married? Not that you should need that…

She/Her
Message 16 of 18 (1,970 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No it doesn't T-T

Message 17 of 18 (1,913 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

Just checking in to see if anyone is still seeing this on a modless game as we've been unable to reproduce it on our end.

If so please share your save file with us (instructions: http://x.ea.com/74420) so we can take a look.

Thanks!

solaire.png

Message 18 of 18 (159 Views)