Re: Family Portrait Isn’t Working

by Greenkalefarm

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can’t remove or promote sims

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone X
OS Version 15
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I
What do you expect to see?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Other
Country Canada

I cannot remove 3 sims from my house. I can’t promote or remove them. This issue is quite annoying since there is a limit on the number of sims you can have in a household. I’ve tried deleting and downloading the app again but it hasn’t worked. 

Message 1 of 18 (3,447 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can’t remove or promote sims

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes

Hello Simmers, 

Thanks for sharing these reports with us. This is on our radar. We've made a post to share this here: "Issues with Sim Festival tutorial & Seasonal Tasks" and will do our best to keep you updated. 

Thanks all,

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 13 of 18 (3,922 Views)

All Replies

Family Portrait Isn’t Working

★★★ Newbie

I have a sim who got promoted to playable at the same time as others, she has all her traits and still won’t retire after 5 days of having all traits.

So I got frustrated and went to remove her manually. And I can’t! My portrait freezes as soon as I click on someone and I can’t make them passive, let alone remove/promote them.

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone know how to fix it?

Message 2 of 18 (2,949 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This has happened to me, as well. I have 3 playable sims and one unplayable sim that just aged up to a young adult that I want to be playable. First, I tried retiring an old sim that was ready to retire, but no matter how many times I clicked on retire the game would not do it. I just kept hitting it over and over.
I finally decided to spend the money and unlock the 4th playable sim spot. Selected “make playable” and the selected the sim I wanted to add. Once again, hitting make playable did nothing. 
This kind of a game breaker for me if this can’t be fixed, I like generations style playing but if I can’t add the kids to the family then there’s no point.

Message 3 of 18 (3,135 Views)

★★★ Guide
@ic667cginvhe What happens when you try to create a new child? Do you get a message saying that the house is full?

If you get a message saying the house is full, you should get the option to remove some Sims from you household. Is this possible for you?
Message 4 of 18 (3,124 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Just tried adopting a girl with on my playable sims and it looks like they’re able to go through with it? Will let you know when the timer hits 0

Does the limit of how many sims you can have in a household only apply to playable sims or unplayable sims, as well? Sorry somewhat new to the game so I’m not sure what the rules are.  

Edit: Yep, I now have beautiful baby girl named Glitch Frazier. The game has not prompted me to move anyone out yet, not sure if it’ll change when she ages up

Message 5 of 18 (3,115 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@ic667cginvhe

Edited reply

Welcome to the world, little Glitch!!! Awsome name!

I don’t know what the rules are if you have a maximum of say two or three playable Sims (I have been on a loooong brake from the game). I have 4 playable Sims, which is the maximum number of playable Sims, and then my household can have a total of 12 Sims.

If you marry someone, your bride or bridesgrom become a part of your household (they will be passive). You can also ask someone to move in. But there can never be more than 12 Sims living in one house.

And here comes the trick: if you have some kind of trouble with one of your Sims, and you can’t make them move out, then you may be able to «delete» them when you create a new child. Do this: fill your house with Sims to the maximum limit (12 Sims). Start making a baby. A message appears saying something like: «there are too many Sims in your house», and you will be asked which one you want to move out in order to make room for the new baby. It has worked for me. It may work for you. And you @d9sig3mdvbey 

And then a general advice: 
Don’t retire any of your sims. Don’t make them passive! The are problems with retired and passiv Sims at the moment.

Message 6 of 18 (3,094 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the advice. Good to know about the passive/ retirement thing.  Guess I’ll try filling my household in the mean time and seeing if it works.

Message 7 of 18 (3,062 Views)

Re: Family Portrait Isn’t Working

★ Apprentice
@페릭 me too... 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 It makes me so crazy...
Message 8 of 18 (2,890 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Screenshot_2022-02-13-01-29-04.png

oh. That's a good idea.

I am gonna try it. 

now I have 11 family. and when infants are grow up, then I am going to try pregnant so that I can remove other sims.

Thank you for telling me a nice advice.

I hope it works. 😇😇😇

Message 9 of 18 (3,010 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh wow, I only have 5 sims so far so I’ve got a long way to go. Please let me know how it works for you, I’ll keep my fingers crossed that it does work!

Message 10 of 18 (2,930 Views)