Can’t put laptop in sims inventory

by Shadowfax1004

Original Post

Can’t put laptop in sims inventory

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.24
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t know. Maybe try putting a laptop on a same place
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim can’t put her own laptop in inventory
What do you expect to see? That I am able to use laptops anywhere and pick them up
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sul sul 🙂

Please help me out if you have any ideas, I am running out of options.

I have a sim in Foxbury institute (Computer science program in building left from the commons). Between the classes I had her sit at the picnic table next to Larry’s lagoon to study for exam on her laptop (Customized portable computer from Strangerville pack). When she was done I tried to drag the laptop in her inventory but it wasn’t working. Option to put it in her inventory is also greyed out saying she doesn’t own this item (she does). 

I was previously using it as normal everywhere, in other public and community places, never had any issues with it. 

I tried setting it as a head and reseting object multiple times which resulted only in bunch of oversized laptops around the campus. If I click on any of them sim goes to original laptop on picnic table and continues using it, just can’t take it.

Two sim weeks later laptops are still around, everyone is using them (even fixing the original one) but the game is not removing them and I can’t pick it up. Can’t delete them either because they are on public lot. Also tried swiping them with kleptomaniac sims with lvl 10 mischief skill, no option is appearing.

Tried restarting game, using different sims, travelling between lots and worlds, restarting ps4, rebuilding database... Nothing works. Attached some photos so you can see it.

Driving me nuts 🤪

Message 1 of 1 (699 Views)