Re: Can’t promote, remove or retire sims.

by BrooklynB214

Original Post

Can’t promote, remove or retire sims.

★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 11
OS Version 14.6
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? There are some sims that I don’t have the option to promote or remove.
What do you expect to see? I want to remove these sims. Or make them active so I can retire them.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

Ever since the update where they made sims passive and active, there are some sims that don’t have the option. So they are basically just there.  I cannot promote, remove or retired them. Please help. 

Message 1 of 14 (2,548 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Were these sims removed and at some point they have come back or where this sims never removed by you prior?

Message 2 of 14 (2,499 Views)

★ Novice

They were never removed. 

Message 3 of 14 (2,436 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @BrooklynB214! Could you DM me your player id and the psims names? thanks!

Message 4 of 14 (2,422 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem. 2 of my Sims from the past generation are stuck in my house and can’t be removed, promoted, or retired. I’ve also never played with either.

Message 5 of 14 (2,244 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_DragonsEye I am having the same problem can you help me please
Message 6 of 14 (2,049 Views)

★ Novice

Hi I am having the same problem can you help me please 

Message 7 of 14 (2,046 Views)

Unable to Remove/Retire/Promote Sims (mobile)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 12 Pro
OS Version 15.5
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Opening the family portrait to remove/promote a sim, there does not seem to be an option for two of my household members
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a button/option to remove/promote these two sims just like all my other sims have the option
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Canada

Hello,

I am having an issue/glitch with removing/promoting/retiring two of my sims from a previous generation. I have constantly been checking updates and then going to the family portrait, which would usually allow me to remove them from the household, but there is no option to be seen. I have even tried moving them to a different household; however, these sims seem to be stuck no matter which household. In addition, the option to retire these sims has never occurred, and it has been like this for almost a year now!

Message 8 of 14 (2,263 Views)

Re: Unable to Remove/Retire/Promote Sims (mobile)

Hero
@beth_ruj Hi, no solution for you but something you could maybe try: Fill your household (4 active sims and 8 NPCs) and then get a baby. It should prompt a message saying household is full and give option to choose sims to be removed from the household.

(Also there’s a bug where NPC family members get removed from the household if they’re in the Parkside during Sweet Treat Challenge. I don’t think this bug got a fix yet, so if you dare, you could take them to Parkside during STS (to the cafe or just sit on the bench with an active sim) and start baking challenge while the NPC sim is there.)

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 14 (2,179 Views)

Why can’t I play or retire or marry my sim? They are just stuck as a NPC

★★★ Newbie

On the Sims mobile, one of my first generation sims is just stuck. I can’t get them to marry, I can’t make them playable (stuck as passive) and I can’t get them to retire!! Ive tried moving them into a new house, changing their looks, name, resetting the game, deleting the app, everything… nothing works. They are just stuck as a passive adult… I can’t even make them playable. 

Message 10 of 14 (1,886 Views)