Can't play further repairing the truck (a way out)

by djlazeeg1985

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't play further repairing the truck (a way out)

★ Novice

Product: A Way Out
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which mode has this happened in? Couch Co-Op
Which character were you controlling? Leo
Summarize your bug No matter how many times I try, or ways I try, I cannot get further than pushing the truck. Contacted online assistants on EA and they confirm it’s a glitch. Does anyone have any idea of how I can get around it?
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Repair truck, find gas canister, find tyre and fit, lift truck to remove supports, the when character says “now we can push,” push. Nothing happens
What happens when the bug occurs? The characters look like they’re pushing but nothing moves. Game doesn’t crash as we can both press b to cancel, but can’t progress any further in the gae
What do you expect to see? The truck moving!

Message 1 of 14 (15,481 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't play further repairing the truck (a way out)

★★★ Newbie
Whoever is pushing from the back - try running with L3

View in thread

Message 10 of 14 (17,500 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@djlazeeg1985 Can you tried swapping characters or attempting to do it offline and then reconnecting to your friend?

Darko.png
Message 2 of 14 (15,454 Views)

★ Novice
Yeah I’ve tried swapping characters, and am playing local not online. Have exited to the main menu and started the chapter again to no avail. Everything is fine until I try and push the vehicle. 😩
Message 3 of 14 (15,439 Views)

Community Manager

@djlazeeg1985 Try playing the section in offline mode and once it saves after reinvite your friend, I have seen this work for a few people. 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 14 (15,416 Views)

★ Novice
This is happening to me - I’ve replayed it 6 times with various scenarios and outcomes. Absolutely nothing fixing it. Is there a big fix update? Thank you
Message 5 of 14 (15,374 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Has the game given you the prompt to push the truck? If not, go get the gas can and fill up the truck.
Message 6 of 14 (15,266 Views)

★ Novice
Yes. We’ve changed the tire, filled the tank asks us to move it and nothing happens when we push. It doesn’t freeze though we can still play, but the trick does not move
Message 7 of 14 (15,252 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @djlazeeg1985

Can I ask if you've removed the support for the track before trying to push it out of the barn? And if yes, when exactly?

I'm asking because I encountered a similar issue when I removed the log too early as Leo and then tried to use the bar to lift the car. Obviously, it wasn't the correct order Disappointed

/Ataashi

Message 8 of 14 (15,209 Views)

★ Novice
Yes - tried it all, and filled the gas canister.. will try again, but seems to be a glitch for many people. Is there a fix?
Message 9 of 14 (15,151 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Whoever is pushing from the back - try running with L3
Message 10 of 14 (17,501 Views)