by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Can't plan wedding, says we're not engaged

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.32
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Seasons, Dine Out, My First Pet, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get engaged, then try to plan a wedding.
What happens when the bug occurs? The tick is greyed out and it says you must be engaged.
What do you expect to see? The green tick allowing me to plan the wedding.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I try to plan a wedding for two sims it tells me they are not engaged and I can't go any further. I've tried the Plan Wedding Event option in conversation window, and I've also tried to add it as a new event on the calendar on a date when nothing else is happening. They are still listed as engaged in the relationship panel and their romance and friendship are both maxed. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 19 (6,196 Views)

Re: Can't plan wedding, says we're not engaged

Hero
@simonlike88 You're message is different then usually but does your Sim have any romantic relationships to other Sims still ? If so, try asking those Sims to be friends only and try again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (6,161 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict I get it from one of my sims because she is in University Housing when my sim tries to plan a wedding it says sims not engaged, this is due to the special rules of the University Housing, that if you come in as one you must leave as one. Anyways since the person don't have university housing it may have to do with either sim not being in the same world or not being available like work from home with the work icon.
Message 3 of 19 (6,147 Views)

Hero
@simonlike88 Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (6,102 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@simonlike88I have the same issue, my sims live together and have been engaged for a while (I play multiple households and forgot about them after they got engaged). I don't know what the issue is. However the option of getting married immediately without a wedding is available, still I would really like to have a real wedding.

Message 5 of 19 (6,076 Views)

Hero
@Vraiemerveille Are you also on console ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 19 (6,055 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict No, I play on PC. I discovered that the other partner can plan the wedding instead, so I did that! =]
Message 7 of 19 (6,046 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I am having the same problem all of the sudden. They are engaged a little while ago and in their profile it still says that they are engaged. But when I try to plan the wedsing it says that they are not engaged. Both sims cant plan it. Tried to restart my computer a few times but sadly didnt work.
Message 8 of 19 (5,835 Views)

Hero
@didosquarepants Do they suddenly have any brother/sister relationship ? Can you ask to just be friends and start over ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 19 (5,809 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have had this same issue, and discovered that the reason it kept saying she wasn't engaged was because her fiancé was unavailable for the wedding.

Message 10 of 19 (5,603 Views)