Re: Birthday Planning Not Working

by crinrict

Original Post

Can't plan birthday party as no one is eligible (non-vamp)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires is the only expansion I have.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When going to plan a birthday states ‘No one in this household is having their birthday today.’ but there is a sim with a birthday.
What happens when the bug occurs? Not able to throw a birthday party for my sims.
What do you expect to see? Birthday party planned.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Unable to have birthday party for my sims. When clicking through to get to the arrow to choose the guests and location it states ‘No sims in this household have a birthday today.’ I attempt to plan early and on the day of. Please help! 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 3 of 15 (4,461 Views)

Sim won't show for a birthday event

★★★ Newbie

So my main sim's birthday is shown on the calendar. When I try to plan a birthday party on that day, she doesn't show as an option for the birthday sim. Only my sims boyfriend shows for an option since he's in my household. I'm probably going to just do a regular house party but it's still a little annoying. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Message 1 of 15 (3,694 Views)

Re: Sim won't show for a birthday event

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/pff but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (3,659 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@KtLyn129 wrote:

Unable to have birthday party for my sims. When clicking through to get to the arrow to choose the guests and location it states ‘No sims in this household have a birthday today.’ I attempt to plan early and on the day of. Please help! 

Interesting, maybe every single thing with timing is off, aging is broken, people can't follow sims to work, saves and items are getting resets to earlier times, your birthday is getting told by game it doesn't exist that day...

Can EA figure out why the timing things they've changed isn't communicating with their game's own time system? And possibly that's breaking our saves system as well?

Message 4 of 15 (4,444 Views)

Hero
@KtLyn129 Is the Sim you're trying to age up a Vamp ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 15 (4,418 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes the one I was trying to was a vampire however it also won’t let me schedule a birthday party for my non vampire sim with the same reason. I was able to throw a house party and use a cake to celebrate tho!

Message 6 of 15 (4,405 Views)

Hero
@KtLyn129 There's a known bug for teen vamps where the birthdays only work at night: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-V-Can-t-throw-birthday-party-for-teen-vampires/td-p/71...

Was the non-vamp in the same household ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (4,396 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep the non vamp is in the same house and I tried at all different hours of the day before the bday. I’m glad the work around worked tho!

Message 8 of 15 (4,387 Views)

Hero
@KtLyn129 Could you test another household with no vamps ? Just to narrow down what the issue is

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 15 (4,377 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

I have a family with no vampires whatsoever and have this issue constantly. I tried turning auto aging on/off, I restarted, I removed my mods folder. I feel like I have tried everything to try and fix this and it still is not working. It only just started happening too as I had a previous birthday a couple of days previously, with the same save file. I would love a solution to this issue.

Message 10 of 15 (3,810 Views)