Can't place, sell or move objects, HELP!

by ohicu

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't place, sell or move objects, HELP!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Just bought Sims 4 and was really exited only to find that I basically can't play the game and still haven't found a fix to it. It seems like I'm so far the only one experiencing this problem. I can't move, place, sell objects, but mainly place. It happened while I was trying to buy a desk and a computer in the game. (the first item I bought was a carpet and it let me place it, but now I can't put it anywhere else either) I placed the desk and it wouldn't let me place the computer on top of it. Now I can't move anything anymore. Everytime I pick something up I can't put it back and most of the time move it somewhere else. When I click the floor or anywhere in the house I can't place the objects. The object goes anywhere I drag it with my mouse, but I can't put it down. Help me please. I probably would be fine with other bugs like the weird baby and stuff, but not being able to move or place anything just kills the entire gameplay. I restarted the game and now it tells me that I can't continue playing on that household cause it was played on a newer version? I don't understand whats going on. Tried making a new household, changing houses, worlds. Same problem. Please reply, I need to know a way to fix it quick cause if nothing works I'm returning the game and I have much less than 24 hours left.

Message 1 of 16 (25,679 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't place, sell or move objects, HELP!

★★ Novice

Hey, guys so an update. I actually managed to fix it. What I did was

1. delete all cache files (made a backup folder before just incase

2. delete all files from "Tray" folder (also backup)

and 3. uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

So far it works great! I'm not sure where the problem was, and if the cache;tray files delete was necessary, but it works now and that's all that matters! Yay!

P.S.

Didn't try putting the backup files back so not sure if they were the actual problem.

View in thread

Message 5 of 16 (28,538 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

Im sad to say that there are currently no fixes or workarounds for this problem. I would like to wait for crincricts input on this as he has a better grasp on the situation and this might be a new bug not on the list yet.

Message 2 of 16 (25,634 Views)

★★ Novice

Understood. : (

Message 3 of 16 (25,629 Views)

Hero

I've added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (25,626 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, guys so an update. I actually managed to fix it. What I did was

1. delete all cache files (made a backup folder before just incase

2. delete all files from "Tray" folder (also backup)

and 3. uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

So far it works great! I'm not sure where the problem was, and if the cache;tray files delete was necessary, but it works now and that's all that matters! Yay!

P.S.

Didn't try putting the backup files back so not sure if they were the actual problem.

Message 5 of 16 (28,539 Views)

Hero

Was the reinstall necessary as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (25,614 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It's possibly this one may also be linked to corrupted cache files..

If anyone else experiences this issue, try deleting just the 3 cache folders in "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" and playing the game before resorting to deleting the tray folder (Your CAS/gallery data) or reinstalling the game. Standard smile

Message 7 of 16 (25,615 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm not sure, I didn't check. I just deleted the files and reinstalled it. I think the reinstall itself was the actual fix

Message 8 of 16 (25,598 Views)

Hero

OK thanks. You've never tried the repair function, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (25,588 Views)

★ Novice

The soulution didn't work for me, please help, I payed £60 for this and all it does is bug up on me... 

Message 10 of 16 (25,574 Views)