by CaptainMS01

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't place anything on front yard

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Too many to list but not all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no clue, just try building in build mode
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't place anything in this open area
What do you expect to see? I'm able to build freely without having to use the BB cheat
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi EA so I'm trying to build a dark castle for one of my more infamous Sims and I have encountered an issue where I am unable to place anything taller than a small shrub on the front lawn as the screenshot will show, despite being in the open and nothing above it, weirdly I'm allowed to build it on the "Floor" above which as you might guess is just empty air. Sure I could have floating tree's or just use the move objects cheat, but it's still annoying. I have no clue what is causing this other than possibly the way the castle wall is connected to the keep and if thats the case then how do I tell the game....hang on that isn't a room there's no roof there

And yes I'm well aware the tree looks close to the wall in the attached shot, but I assure you this happens throughout the lot

Message 1 of 9 (948 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't place anything on front yard

★★ Pro
@CaptainMS01 If you take out a segment of wall/room surrounding the areas you want to place something tall, will the game let you place what you want there?

Follow-up question, if you replace the segment of wall afterwards, do the taller items you placed remain?

Also, ever since platforms were introduced, the game has been a bit squirrelly about about the "remove floor" thing not registering as "open to below" (or "open to above") area, and the only thing that seems to work to remove the "Phantom Ceiling" obstruction is the "sledgehammer go boom" option. Anyway, it's something you could try.

Or, as crinrict suggested, just upload to gallery and post the name.

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (805 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

Hi @CaptainMS01 did you put a platform in that spot before? It was an empty lot or there was a lot with platforms before? There is an issue with platform: even if you delete them the game does not fully recognize it Wink To fix this you need to exit the lot and enter again. Sometimes you need to exit the game completely and clean the cache.

Message 2 of 9 (923 Views)

Hero
@CaptainMS01 Did you test without mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (907 Views)

Hero
@CaptainMS01 Are you still having issues with this on a game with no mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (860 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Love it when I tick Sub to replies and get no notice. Yes tried without mods, as expected no change as I have nothing that modifies build mode in any way, exiting the lot and going back in didn't work and neither cleaning the cache. I suspect it's something to do with the way the wall structure is setup around the area but I have no clue how to fix that as each method I try just breaks the rooms. (Yes I know, not the best builder ever)06-15-21_6-12-41 PM.png 

Message 5 of 9 (836 Views)

Hero
@CaptainMS01 Could you maybe upload your build to the gallery and post the name here ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (824 Views)

★★ Pro
@CaptainMS01 If you take out a segment of wall/room surrounding the areas you want to place something tall, will the game let you place what you want there?

Follow-up question, if you replace the segment of wall afterwards, do the taller items you placed remain?

Also, ever since platforms were introduced, the game has been a bit squirrelly about about the "remove floor" thing not registering as "open to below" (or "open to above") area, and the only thing that seems to work to remove the "Phantom Ceiling" obstruction is the "sledgehammer go boom" option. Anyway, it's something you could try.

Or, as crinrict suggested, just upload to gallery and post the name.
Message 7 of 9 (806 Views)

Hero

@CaptainMS01 

I did some testing on this today.  I did a test build and didn't have the problem happen but what I think may be going on for you is the game is still seeing the ceiling of the lower area so it prevents placing the trees.  I can't tell from the pics what height wall you are using (I think it's the tall wall) nor if there is a ceiling or floor above the upper level (area appears to be shaded).  I did try with all 3 height walls on the lower level and removing the ceilings and floors worked for all of them for me.

I'm not sure why you're having the issue but here's something to try to see if will allow you to place objects without MOO.

Put the floors and ceiling back in the open area and then delete them again.  One at the time, ceilings separately from floors.  Delete the ceilings first, then the floors.  Make sure you delete the 2nd level ceiling and 3rd level floors too.

Hope this helps.

Message 8 of 9 (762 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you all for your feedback, sorry for the late response, with my new job and everything I had forgotten about this completely, using your suggestions, I was able to figure out that the front porch to the castle entry had bugged out and it had an invisible celling, so when I "Rebuilt it" it came up as "Remove floor" and now things are working as expected.

Thanks All

Message 9 of 9 (713 Views)