[NEEDS SAVES] Can't make more coffee

by aiheartu

Original Post

Re: Can't make more coffee

★★ Apprentice

i only have this problem happened on tea maker.
at times, sim can't use or brew tea on the tea maker, chking the maker showing it's brewing, but there's no brewing progress, and it just keep stuck like that.

storing it into house inv then put it back, doesn't help, neither is travel back.

have to replace with new tea maker.

it happen rarely.

so whenever i got free tea maker from reward or gift, stock on it.

Message 11 of 18 (829 Views)

[Base Game] Coffee Maker/Tea Maker Inaccessible after 1-2 Tries

★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Batuu and any Kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? - Attempt to make Coffee or Tea - Drink all the Coffee or Tea, or Empty the Pot (Repeat the Process until either the Makers break, or the bug occurs. It seems to occur most often after repairing the Maker.)
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim will complain they can't reach the Coffee Maker or Tea Maker. When you try to make them access the Coffee/Tea Maker again, the only options available will be to Empty the Coffee Pot, or if your Handiness is high enough, to Upgrade it.
What do you expect to see? Coffee/Tea to be accessible whenever necessary.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This issue has been occurring for a while, so I am unsure when it started happening.

(Note: If you leave/return to the lot, this seems to temporarily fix the issue.)
(Note 2: I used mods previously, though I tried this with a new neighborhood with no mods, and the issue still occurred.)

Message 12 of 18 (808 Views)

Coffee Makers Stop Working After a While

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the expansion packs, game packs, and stuff packs plus half of all the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place any coffee maker on a counter. Have your Sims use it a few times over the course of a week, and it will eventually bug out and stop working.
What happens when the bug occurs? A coffee maker of any kind (tea makers too) will stop working after a while. Sims can make coffee, but they can't grab a cup once it's done. The only option available is to "empty" the coffee maker.
What do you expect to see? I expect my Sims to be able to drink coffee from a coffee maker once they make coffee.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is a bug that has been happening to me for literal years, so I was shocked to see there are no bug reports for it. I keep having to delete the old coffee makers once they stop functioning and then buy a new one which will eventually have to be replaced and so the cycle continues. I'm not referring to coffee makers that are broken and need "repair". This happens on coffee makers that do NOT need repairing. I've even tried modded coffee makers, but they do the same exact thing as the Maxis-made coffee makers.

Message 13 of 18 (721 Views)

Re: Coffee Makers Stop Working After a While

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.9
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have: all expansion packs (except snow escape & HS years), most game packs (except star wars, dream home decor., wedding stories & werewolves), all stuff packs, and none of the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place any coffee maker on a counter. Have your Sims use it a few times over the course of a few sim hours, and it will eventually bug out and stop working.
What happens when the bug occurs? A coffee maker of any kind (tea makers too) will stop working after a while. Sims can make coffee, but they can't grab a cup once it's done. The only option available is to "empty" the coffee maker.
What do you expect to see? I expect my Sims to be able to drink coffee from a coffee maker once they make coffee.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm having the same exact issue as everyone else where they make their sim go use the coffee pot, it brews for a while, and then the only option is to empty the pot. And it never matters what pot it is, it ALWAYS happens. Some people say this happens to them within a few sim days, but this happens to me after just the first or second use. I literally JUST opened my game for the first time today, my sim wakes up as I load in and I have her go make coffee and it instantly happens. Considering how little the sims team actually pays attention to their game, I guess I shouldn't be that shocked that this bug has gone unfixed for YEARS.

Message 14 of 18 (555 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SimularitySims Hello all, this bug is still an issue, even with the latest Infant patch :-/ is there any workaround on this? Or any idea why this might be happening?
Message 15 of 18 (444 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It seems that there will never be a solution, at least in my case I still have it in my game and almost 3 years have passed since the report, so I can understand that they will never give it a solution, they don't know or are not interested.

Message 16 of 18 (397 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello All,

We haven't been able to reproduce this issue on our end.

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 17 of 18 (364 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm facing the same issue. Cannot "Empty" or "grab a drink" from the coffee pot, since it says it is still brewing when I hover these options.

I have no mods or expansions installed, just the base game.

Gonna try and upload the save file

Message 18 of 18 (261 Views)