by aiheartu

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Can't make more coffee

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? none
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? idk
What happens when the bug occurs? i think the bug is when my coffee maker has 3 spoiled coffees but it cant be cleaned. the green steam/smoke is there. I tried putting it in the inventory then placing it back but nothing happens. also its always brewing when no one used the coffee maker for a long time.
What do you expect to see? sims should be able to throw away/clean up all spoiled food/beverages
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template 

Message 1 of 18 (4,942 Views)

Re: coffee maker spoiled

Hero
@aiheartu What can't be cleaned ? Can you not get the spoiled coffee out at all or does the cloud not disappear ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (4,843 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict finally someone replied.

No I cant get the spoiled coffee out, it always says "brewing" despite no one's using it. The green cloud is there and its not usable.

Before posting a question i already looked up for a similar bug if there's solution but there's none it was tagged as "fixed" but theres no concrete solution. some simmers tried putting it back to inventory, some just sold their coffee pot but that's not a solution. I dont want to sell my item every time a bug occurs. looking forward for your swift response.
Message 3 of 18 (4,810 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@aiheartu When reporting in the bug forum, you're reporting a bug and there aren't necessarily answers. Bugs are bugs that need to be looked into. So, not getting an answer here is common.

Your issue sounds different form the one that got fixed cause that was more a visual thing. You could still throw away/use the the coffee, it was just the cloud that was stuck.

Yours sounds different (which I wanted to make sure it is) so EA will need to look into it and there's in fact no answer to give you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (4,806 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict uhm no, i can't use the coffee pot, if you check the image i attached when i posted my report it says "pot still brewing" which is why im unable to clean it or use it. No sim can interact/use the coffee pot.

thank you for enlightening me about the forum and reporting. I hope devs will look into this..

Lastly, should I sell the coffee pot so I can put an end to my dilemma(tho i wouldnt be able to tell if the bug has been fixed) or wait for a new patch update?

Again, thanks!
Message 5 of 18 (4,793 Views)

Hero
@aiheartu It will probably take a while to get fixed (especially if no one else has issues), so whatever works best for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 18 (4,752 Views)

Report a

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67. 45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Making a pot of coffee
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim makes a pot of coffee the very first time she uses the coffeemaker and it works fine. The second time she makes a pot of coffee she waits for it to brew then gets a routing error and can't get a cup. No matter where I move the coffeemaker nothing works. When I hover over it still says there are three cups and it's fresh but if I click on the coffeemaker only the "empty" option appears after that. This continues to happen until I purchase a new coffeemaker and then starts all over again. This happens if I make a single cup or a pot.
What do you expect to see? My sim able to make coffee and get a cup.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I rarely use coffeemakers so I am not sure if this is new or not. 

Message 7 of 18 (4,697 Views)

Re: Report a

Hero
@samsmomie24 merged this with a similar report. Does it happen with every coffee maker for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 18 (4,679 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same problem here and the only way to solved for now, it is to buy a new coffe maker but this is so annoying because is break down very often. 

Message 9 of 18 (4,452 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes and it's sporadic. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. It is very annoying. 

Message 10 of 18 (4,429 Views)