Can't make functioning room in penthouse

by bready234

Original Post

Can't make functioning room in penthouse

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Island Living, Seasons, City Living, Get Together Journey to Batuu, Realm of Magic, Outdoor Retreat Tiny Living And the Holiday Celebration Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On a penthouse lot, if you try to make a room with the custom room tool, it won't make a functioning room. If you use the normal room tool it however will. This only happens with the custom room tool.
What happens when the bug occurs? A functioning room isn't made. Cannot place stairs inside the room.
What do you expect to see? A functioning room should be made.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The left room in the image was made with the normal "Room Tool"
The one on the right was made by the "Custom Room tool"

Message 1 of 3 (720 Views)

Re: Can't make functioning room in penthouse

★ Guide
@bready234 I have found that rooms have the "Build Ceiling" option quite often now, even if you never deleted their ceiling. Try using Build Ceiling and if available also "Build Floor" see if that helps your custom rooms.
Message 2 of 3 (699 Views)

Re: Can't make functioning room in penthouse

★ Novice

This did fix it, however I do think there is a glitch here. If I click on the yellow border to build ceiling, it says "remove ceiling" first. So what I did to get a ceiling, I made a room with the custom room tool. Pressed "remove ceiling" and then added the ceiling. 

The game thinks the ceiling is there, however it's not. This only happens with a penthouse and the custom room tool.

Message 3 of 3 (684 Views)