Can't load or continue any save: "content that has not completed installation"

by rlbongers

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't load or continue any save: "content that has not completed installation"

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug Can't load or continue any save: "content that has not completed installation"
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Uninstall and reinstall game and try to load any save. See additional information section for exact steps.
What happens when the bug occurs? Get message while loading old save or selecting "continue": "Your save file failed to load because of content that has not completed installation" New saves also cannot be loaded, effectively meaning I can't play the game without starting over.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to load save files.

Unsure if related:
- Get double lightsaber bug where you're unable to use double lightsaber, see: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-Bugged-out-on-Dathomir-and-can-t-get-double-bladed/td-p/8...
- Stay in workshop
- Try several fixes
- Try closing program and reloading
- Try dying, quitting before respawning, and reloading
- Try reloading save several times

Related:
- Uninstall and re-install game
- Try to re-load save

Message 1 of 13 (37,083 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't load or continue any save: "content that has not completed instal

★★★★★ Novice

The problem seems obvious now, but it turns out the game had not finished downloading and it was just allowing me to play the downloaded part of the game. It does not show up anywhere in the PS4 UI, you have to go to "Library", select the game, and then select "Information".

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (37,072 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

The problem seems obvious now, but it turns out the game had not finished downloading and it was just allowing me to play the downloaded part of the game. It does not show up anywhere in the PS4 UI, you have to go to "Library", select the game, and then select "Information".

Message 2 of 13 (37,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this same problem but that method doesn't work for me. The game has completed installation

Message 3 of 13 (35,457 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same problem, anyone know the solution? Game fully installed and i quit after boarding the ship

Message 4 of 13 (33,146 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Are you absolutely sure its fully downloaded? It's an 840 something GB download. I had the exact same problem as the OP. Thought it was fully downloaded, couldn't travel to different planets because it said planet hopping hadn't downloaded. And when I logged out, it wouldn't load the save file. Turns out that it still had another 800 left to go, even though according to the UI it was totally finished. I found it in the library under information.

Message 5 of 13 (32,915 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bout it on Christmas and it wont even load plz help ea I love your work btw

Message 6 of 13 (32,685 Views)

★★ Novice

@qwqwqwqwqwqwwqwq wrote:

I bout it on Christmas and it wont even load plz help ea I love your work btw

Same here.. what the * is this *

I played to 20%, and now the save isnt loadable because content is not downloaded or installed or what the * ever.. i want my money back if this is not fixed EA

Message 7 of 13 (32,607 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@lolisman I have the same. 20% and cant play now. 12 hours in .
Message 8 of 13 (30,431 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey I too have the same problem could u explain me a more of that cause I am unable to play pls

Message 9 of 13 (26,557 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey could you explain me a more on what you said cause I too have the same problem so could you pls help me with this

Message 10 of 13 (26,556 Views)