by Szaby59

Original Post

Can't join friends' game

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Can't join friends' game, I get an error message every time I try it.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Szaby59
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try joining a friend's match.
What happens when the bug occurs? Error Code: 2593 or 2741
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

This has been an issue since yesterday: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/d6it2t/8_hours_later_still_cant_join_friends_g...

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/d6c39p/so_apparently_dice_disabled_the_ability...

00.jpg

Message 1 of 17 (13,352 Views)

Re: Can't join friends' game

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I had the same issue. Instead of saying game is full you are in queue in position "x", it kept saying as per the attached screenhot.

This was happening for me when trying to join any game a friend was in, be it Galactic Assault. Heroes v Villains or Starfighter Assault. I play on PC. My gamertag is New_Roosterman. It happened every time I tried. I was on the US Virgina Server.

Message 2 of 17 (13,233 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The current workaround is the person who wants to join said friends makes a group of his own while not in a game. All those in a game join his/her group then the person waiting to join will be matchmade in when matchmaking occurs or will be brought in when a spot opens.

Message 3 of 17 (13,167 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yup, encountering same issues. When I try to join a friend’s game, the “Join game” is frequently grayed out. This issue just came out of nowhere. My friends & I are only able to join once game ends & its loading into a new map. Even the. It’s no guarantee, it’s a matter of timing-sending invite or joining game, etc.

If I actually get into the group but not in the game, there is no queue showing anymore. It I hit right stick down to join, I get error code 2,741 “We’re sorry, the game you are trying to join is dull. Please wait or join a different game.”

What the heck is going on? After the games initial bugs were ironed out by the devs working so hard, the game seemed stable but the last update broke a lot of stuff. Right now the aforementioned joining friend’s game/queue system is broken along with some hero glitches like Rey’s dash strike destroying an enemy’s full stamina & Obi-wan’s ridiculous damage reduction.

With this issue, you’re sitting there waiting to join or going back and forth to the party join game from the friend listing join game. You won’t get automatically pulled from the game you’re playing. Again, you have to be lucky enough to time joining or accepting an incite to a game to get into the game when it is just ending or just starting. All my friends are having the same issue.

I saw a bug report posted but the thread currently is not very big. I posted a complaint in the game play discussion thread and only got 1 reply showing me another thread about the queue system issue. Thanks @Szaby59 for posting this thread & providing screenshots. You’d think there would be a lot more complaints or threads if this issue was widespread. It is very difficult to join games or invite, and can’t sit in the queue to join. It’s crazy. Just found a Reddit post about this issue too.

Moderators and devs any feedback or updates on this would be nice.
Message 4 of 17 (13,120 Views)

★ Guide

Still no update om this being fixed?

Message 5 of 17 (12,907 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Szaby59 Happening to me too. Ps4
Message 6 of 17 (12,858 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hear me out on this, I think they're doing this on purpose though. Let's use an example, let's just say you're playing by your self with 19 randoms and the other guy is doing the same too, and for him to send 10 invites to get his friends in would tip the balance and make it in his favor, leaving the other side unbalanced. So I think they intentionally made it so that your friends can't join during the game and instead have to wait until the game is over, for match making and balance purposes.

Message 7 of 17 (12,841 Views)

Champion (Retired)

We discovered on PS4 that the only way to play with a friend is to leave the game, then form a group, then start a new game.  As friends come and go, this is aggravating to the point where we played one game then quit for a different game where group matchmaking was quick, with very little waiting between games.  Did anyone ask for this?  Really???  Queuing in on a friend was one of the only good features of the matchmaking, because it made it possible to get into a game when the matchmaking is acting up and won't put you into a populated game.  

Not to mention that it took our group of 6 people about 50 tries to get into a game of capital supremacy to try the new map.  Statistically, since there are five maps, the chances of our not getting the new map in 50 tries is about one in 70,000.  So the matchmaking is still broken, whatever you did to it in this update is utterly frustrating.  I am so tired of you guys "fixing" things that nobody wanted changed.  Bossk can't even jump like a normal trooper anymore, and he's supposed to be a versatile lizard man. Did anyone really ask, "would you guys change Bossk so that his jump is so terrible that no one will ever want to play him again?"  I'm pretty sure they didn't, and if they did, I assure you, those are not the people you should be listening to.  

After playing for just one night this week, I thought that the clone trooper giving us all the middle finger on the main menu was EA's way of expressing to the faithful player base just what you thought of us.  

I'm out.  

Message 8 of 17 (12,732 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Alliecat7803 Well, I can understand your frustration but I think I prefer it like this and have been asking for this match making to take effect as well because no one wants to get steamrolled by a group of people joining in on their buddies and forming a big group of 5+ during game play and making it unbalanced for the other side if they happen to only play by them self or with a very small group and with a bunch of randoms that aren't aware of what to do to close out games. So it makes more sense to leave the game and form your group and try to match make into games, instead of trying to disrupt the balance of games that are close during game play.

Message 9 of 17 (12,707 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Spoonyteaspoon If people were leaving the game, that automatically made it unbalanced.  Having someone queue into the game would actually bring the game back into balance.  Whether that person was a random who is really good, or just one of your buddies who is a new player is never something the matchmaking takes into account anyway.  This new system is horrible.  I am saying this as someone who has played the game since its release.  There are a lot of randoms out there who are very, very good and never play with friends, anyway, so your point is moot.  

Message 10 of 17 (12,698 Views)