Can't invite household members to community lots or take care of needs at home

by superkyle221

Original Post

Can't invite household members to community lots or take care of needs at home

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? The most recent one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Tiny Living Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know - ask different townies to join your household?
What happens when the bug occurs? When you travel to a new lot, this sim does not have the option to join when you click on the arrow by their head.
What do you expect to see? When traveling to another lot with a different sim, you will have an option for this sim to either take care of their needs/work on a skill at home, or to have them come join you at the current lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has happened twice now - two different sims in two different save files.

Essentially, these are sims that I have had join my played household. The first one was the daughter of a sim I had been playing (his girlfriend was a townie and gave birth to the child - after aging up to a toddler he invited them both to move in). The second was a sim, created in CAS as the daughter of two existing sims, but they and her were both townies. Upon one of the player sims aging up and going to university, he aged her up to an adult, invited her into the household, and had her join him in going to university.

Every time another sim on the lot travels somewhere, this sim is missing the arrow in the corner of their profile picture (I've attached an image to show what it looks like). When this happens, it is impossible to invite the sim to join (unless they are in a club with one of the sims on the lot; at that point you can start a club gathering) - but when they are at home, it is impossible to have them work on a skill or, more importantly, take care of themselves - their needs continue to go down, and oftentimes when going back to the household, the sim ends up having the majority of their needs in the red.

When the sim is at school or work, the options appear to have them be able to work hard/slack off/come home early/what have you - but if the school/work day ends and I am not on the home lot, their picture again goes completely gray and it is impossible to have them come to the lot where you are now (again, unless you add them to a club gathering) or have them take care of themselves.

I don't have any mods installed, and I only noticed this patch after DU came out, though I'm not sure if that's the reason. This has only happened to two sims - other sims in the same saves aren't affected - and it's mostly just annoying.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 1 (378 Views)