Can't get into match & stuck in main menu / crashes in loading

★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD Radeon (TM) RX 470 Graphics
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Daej1N
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. same for every mode/map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I think it occurs whenever the screen switches (from main menu to loading; from loading to hero select)
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? There are two types of bugs: 1) The game crashes when I try to enter a game, no matter which mode. For example I'm in the loading screen to hero select, then it crashes. If I reconnect and it changes from loading screen to game play, it crashes again. 2) I cannot enter into a game. I am stuck in 'loading map' while in main menu. In this instance, I also can not exit apex legends and have to close it with task manager.
What should be happening instead? Game should work normally
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? don't know

Hi guys,

as mentioned above I am experiencing severe problems when trying to play Apex Legends i.e. it is impossible for me to play the game.

Funnily there are two bugs that occur, either the game crashes during loading screen without error message or I am stuck in main menu and cannot enter any game.

If there is any other information that you need, please let me know. I have tried the most frequently mentioned fixed such as clean boot, updating drivers/windows, disabling vsync/hardware acceleration etc. but with no luck.

Thank you for your help in advance and have a nice day.

Message 1 of 10 (1,193 Views)

Re: Can't get into match & stuck in main menu / crashes in loading

Community Manager

Hi @Daej1N

You may have already tried this, but I wanted to check and make sure. Have you tried repairing the game in Origin to see if that makes any difference at all? If there's a problem with the game files that might help. 

If you right-click on Apex Legends in the Origin client you should see a Repair option when the menu comes up. Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to try it out. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,130 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also have the same problem before going to  legend selection  the screen is stuck . i cant play a match because of this problem for a month. i  repaired the game and even uninstalled and installed again but this problem still occurs.

platform-pc

IGN-TheDebateboy

processor-intel core i5 7th gen

ram-8gb

Message 3 of 10 (1,057 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @TheDebateboy,

Thanks for the info!

Are you getting a particular error message when this happens? If so, what is the full error you're seeing? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 10 (1,037 Views)

★★★ Novice

the problem occurs like this way everytime. I start the game it takes me to the menu perfectly but when i am connecting to a match before character selection   the screen freezes and i cant get into the match so i go to my windows  desktop by pressing windows button but the whole game crashes.it shows no error sign

Message 5 of 10 (1,019 Views)

★★★ Novice

can you tell me what to do to fix this I really want to play season 7 of apex legends

Message 6 of 10 (981 Views)

★★★ Novice

Replying to @EA_Kent 

can you tell me a fix i have uninstalled and re installed origin client and uninstalled and reinstalled apex legends but the problem still occurs

Message 7 of 10 (948 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @TheDebateboy

Thank you for the additional info. 

When you've got the chance could you share a DxDiag so we can take a look? For more on how to pull one up check out the EA Help website. Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 10 (936 Views)

★★★ Novice

replying to @EA_Kent 

here is the file

Message 9 of 10 (917 Views)

Community Manager

@TheDebateboy 

Thanks for sharing that. 

I'm afraid your PC does not meet the minimum requirements for running Apex Legends. There is no dedicated graphics processor, which is one of the requirements for running the game. You can find more information on the system specs over at the Apex Legends website

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 10 (904 Views)