Re: Can't finish writing a book.

by sk8rchix14

Original Post

Can't finish writing a book.

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Fitness Stuff, and Perfect Patio Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a sim and have them write on the computer.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim never finishes writing. They will stop and when you go to have them resume writing, they do it for a second and cancel out again.
What do you expect to see? This to be fixed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This keeps happening regardless of new sims, house, game, or computer.

Message 1 of 8 (457 Views)

Hero
@sk8rchix14 Do you get any lastexceptions on this ?

Could you maybe post a video ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (410 Views)

★ Novice

No, I don't get any lastexception on this. 

Video of me trying three times in a row 

She was writing books just fine before thing. Nothing changed at all to trigger this. 

Message 3 of 8 (378 Views)

Hero
@sk8rchix14 To be sure, you also tested a fresh Save and another household and it happens as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (351 Views)

★ Novice

Yes. 
I have done new save and new household, I have done new computers, I have waited three weeks in game and used a new computer. I have tried everything =[

Message 5 of 8 (342 Views)

Hero
@sk8rchix14 New computer as in ingame new computer or a different RL computer ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (337 Views)

★ Guide

I haven't had this problem, but one way to acquire books is to go to the gallery under #bestsellers I have a room full of sim written books you can sell them for fame. It won't help with a writing aspiration but it may help you anyway. 

Message 7 of 8 (286 Views)

Hero
@sk8rchix14 Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (232 Views)