Accepted Solution

Can't exit substitution screen [FIFA 20]

★★★ Novice

Product: FIFA 20
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? ikhidzr
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - manager
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Update to latest 1.04 (didnt had this issue before this update. This career mode save was pre-1.04) Anyway, details are EXACTLY THE SAME LINKED HERE (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Career-Manager-Mode-Cannot-Exit-Substitution-Screen/m-p/6...) I have not tried this during normal kick off or VOLTA or FUT. Only Career mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? While mid game (or even half time), hitting pause and entering the sub screen will make it impossible to change your players, move their position, or even change tactics. Selecting a player and highlighting another player to switch and confirming it registers a sound like it did change the players, but it doesn't. Also, you are unable to exit the sub screen. I'd have to quit FIFA 20. Quick subs during matches still work though.
What should be happening instead? You should be able to make subs and tactical changes from the start/substitution menu. You should also be able to exit from that menu without having to close the game.

Product: FIFA 20
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? ikhidzr
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - manager
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Update to latest 1.04 (didnt had this issue before this update. This career mode save was pre-1.04)

Anyway, details are EXACTLY THE SAME LINKED HERE (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Career-Manager-Mode-Cannot-Exit-Substitution-Screen/m-p/6...)

I have not tried this during normal kick off or VOLTA or FUT. Only Career mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? While mid game (or even half time), hitting pause and entering the sub screen will make it impossible to change your players, move their position, or even change tactics. Selecting a player and highlighting another player to switch and confirming it registers a sound like it did change the players, but it doesn't. Also, you are unable to exit the sub screen. I'd have to quit FIFA 20. Quick subs during matches still work though.
What should be happening instead? You should be able to make subs and tactical changes from the start/substitution menu. You should also be able to exit from that menu without having to close the game.

Message 1 of 5 (879 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Can't exit substitution screen [FIFA 20]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

OP here. Seems to be fixed in latest update... whatever version that is.

Spoiler
Didn't played it till few days ago because of that miserable bug. The latest update also somehow nerfs player running speed or whatever causing 94 speed rated Daniel James getting outrun from freaking 34-36 speed rating Badstuber lmao. It's frustrating when this kinda inconsistency in updates brings to your gameplay experience. I didn't experience this kinda stuff from Day 1 patch up till the substitution bug. Pretty sure the next update will balance some things out and introduce a new bug... and the cycle repeats! Not even a developer response to acknowledge this issue.

All in all, I personally can't wait for lazy coding and inconsistent experience, sold the game.

Thanks EA for the fun few weeks I had.

Edit: No idea how to close a thread. So chose this as the accepted solution for any other users to clarify that this particular issue--on my PS4--has been solved.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (685 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★ Novice
@TahiGoreng This happens to me when playing Online friendlies.
Message 2 of 5 (855 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

It continues to happened to me on friendly matches. I set up a formation and certain players I want in and when the game starts it gives me a different lineup, tactics, and players. I cannot make adjustments to my lineup during game. I can only make a substitution when the quick substitution becomes active. 

Message 3 of 5 (821 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Is there a fix to this yet. 

Message 4 of 5 (765 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

OP here. Seems to be fixed in latest update... whatever version that is.

Spoiler
Didn't played it till few days ago because of that miserable bug. The latest update also somehow nerfs player running speed or whatever causing 94 speed rated Daniel James getting outrun from freaking 34-36 speed rating Badstuber lmao. It's frustrating when this kinda inconsistency in updates brings to your gameplay experience. I didn't experience this kinda stuff from Day 1 patch up till the substitution bug. Pretty sure the next update will balance some things out and introduce a new bug... and the cycle repeats! Not even a developer response to acknowledge this issue.

All in all, I personally can't wait for lazy coding and inconsistent experience, sold the game.

Thanks EA for the fun few weeks I had.

Edit: No idea how to close a thread. So chose this as the accepted solution for any other users to clarify that this particular issue--on my PS4--has been solved.

Message 5 of 5 (686 Views)
Twitter Stream