Can't enter prison to finish Cataclysm mission

by RazorCrusade

Original Post

Re: Can't enter prison to finish Cataclysm mission

★★ Novice

Same issue on Xbox one. Prison door won’t open and now I am stuck with the same quests and no progression.

Message 11 of 24 (1,083 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here, but I have it at the start of Tip of the spear... Hope they fix it soon 😔

Message 12 of 24 (1,043 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here, but I have it at the start of Tip of the spear... Hope they fix it .forme the saying in game i am goona talk to Adams at Fort Tarsis. i am ther but cant talk to him door dont open

Message 13 of 24 (1,021 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The Story Missions for Cataclysm are over and have been removed, hence you not being able to enter the Prison since thats a Story Mission.

Cataclysm was officially over Monday at 11:59pm.

Tuesday was only the Cataclysm with 3 Arenas. Due to backlash or feeling bad, I dunno they decided Tuesday night to do a hotfix and re-enable all 7 Arenas and the Seasonal Store since no other Content was ready to go. However they did not add back Story Missions, Challenges or Cataclysm Cosmetics.

Message 14 of 24 (959 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is complete BS (not your explanation, thank you for that). If I can’t do it, take it off! Me and my squad started it last night. LAST Night! Not Monday. Like seriously, this game deserves all the hate it gets and EA doesn’t care about their fan base and this is further proof.

Message 15 of 24 (944 Views)

★★ Novice

It wouldn’t bother me so much if they hadn’t have glitched out the game while doing it. But now the game can’t progress, you get stuck with the same missions over and over again, and the cata mission won’t clear itself from the queue. Nor is there anything new to replace what they shut off. Stupid. 

Message 16 of 24 (908 Views)

★★ Novice
@GenM0ntana yea I feel the same, I kinda bought the game and playing it slowly and now can't progress further.
Message 17 of 24 (907 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

You should be able to complete all other Story Missions just fine.

Cataclysm was a Seasonal Event, meaning it was supposed to come and go.

Whether that Mission is on the top right or the Mission telling you to go to a Stronghold/Contract there is always a mission telling you to go somewhere and never actually clears.

Whats inside Fort Tarsis and the HUD you see isn't really that impacting since the vast majority of the games content is elsewhere. (Not defending here, I'd love for most these bugs to be ironed out and fixed but everything takes time.)

Message 18 of 24 (893 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

OK what is wrong with these devs. I played over 600 hrs from the time of launch until they nerfed the drop rate and left me playing for hours without any usable drops. I followed the news for a while but they just kept delaying stuff, so I finally just stopped paying attn. I finally start playing again and while I was VERY pleasantly surprised to find the drop rate has been fixed and they FINALLY added masterwork Support Gear, and hot damn they made the melee an actual weapon. So congrats on that stuff, but....

This is another example of a complete lack of foresight. To be clear, I Started this mission AFTER Monday WHY was it even available if it was not going to be completable. But more importantly why would you remove this aspect of the story. What is it an FU to anybody who wasn't playing at that very time, when later players come along are they going to make a completely different story progression??? Wouldn't their time be better spent creating new content or fixing bugs!! As several people have mentioned, there is no new story, so why adhere to what maybe was a progression timeline made back when you were actually fully staffing this game. Just another poor decision in what is building into a long list a EA's shortcomings

Message 19 of 24 (889 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's totally fine if they want to remove the ability to complete the story missions... but they shouldn't leave them hanging out in the journal as if they could be completed.

Message 20 of 24 (743 Views)