Can't enter Sprucewood Square Maker Space: Error Code 109:e56fc6bb:b52fcc9d

by Simfriend68

Original Post

Can't enter Sprucewood Square Maker Space: Error Code 109:e56fc6bb:b52fcc9d

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Latest Patch 97
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything (all EPs, GPs and SPs) up to Eco Lifestyle.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the game with Eco Lifestyle installed? NAPs should be active.
What happens when the bug occurs? I tried to send a household (the Tinker Family) to the Maker Space called Sprucewood Square after it had just been voted in but the game was kicked back to the neighborhood screen with the following message and error code. "Game failed to load: Error Code 109:e56fc6bb:b52fccd9." I don't have any mods. The game did not crash. This same family had been able to travel to the lot when it was just a community space with garbage all around but after voting for the Maker Space were not able to go there. I exited, repaired the game. After reloading the Tinker family house as normal, they were still not able to travel there and the same error code appeared. I was able to go to manage neighborhood, enter buy mode and load the lot. From the map, the game reported the lot to be incomplete. When entering the lot however, the lot was not incomplete (everything was there). Switched families to a player made family living in Port Promise; they could enter the lot just fine. However, once I switched back to Tinker family, they still could not enter the lot (same error code). I moved the Bheeda family into an apartment in Conifer station; like the family from Port Promise, they were able to enter the lot and use everything there. Back to the Tinker family: they still cannot enter the lot and the game again shows the same error message (although I can go to their house just fine without any problem). Please note: the Sharing is Caring NAP had been active just before switching the lot from a Community Space to a Maker Space, but it was repealed on the same day the Maker Space appeared. I also noted that the Maker Space from the neighborhood screen shows an inaccurate list of lot traits: it shows the Landfill trait, even though I had removed it for the Maker Space and replaced it with Home studio (which it does not show); I don't know if that is significant.
What do you expect to see? I expected the Tinker family to be able to travel to Sprucewood Square even when it is a Maker Space, and to be able to use the lot as normal, instead of being kicked back to the main neighborhoods screen with an error message.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I did not have this problem before the latest patch, although I don't know if that has anything to do with it, since it is a couple of weeks later after installing it, and my sims had no trouble going to all the Community Spaces (all 4 variations) in Port Promise.

I don't have any screen shots or relevant files for this issue. 

Message 1 of 8 (612 Views)

Re: Can't enter Sprucewood Square Maker Space: Error Code 109:e56fc6bb:b52fcc9d

Hero
@Simfriend68 This error was fixed in the latest emergency patch.

Could you please enter your full game version ?

Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M124496

You said you don't have any mods but later on that you remove them. Does that mean you only had custom content or you don't have any mods now ?

If it's the later, did you delete localthumbcache as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (577 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you for the quick reply. Sorry if my original post was confusing in some respects: this is because I have been testing and have entered the game many times since discovering the problem. My game version shows as PC: 1.63.136.1010 (June 10th patch). Yes, I always delete the localthumbcache every time I load the game. I also usually repair the game, especially if there is a problem (which I have been doing in this case). I did have mods (which were up to date) originally installed when the problem first occurred, but i subsequently yanked them out and did extensive testing without mods and it still kept happening. I do not believe this problem is exactly the same as the one which the emergency patch fixed, because I can still load the household (Tinker) where it occurred, and they can go to other community lots (such as the bar and the Maker Space in Port Promise, and even the Sprucewood Square Community Space).The only place they cannot go due to receiving that error message is the Maker Space in Conifer Station. To complicate matters, other families can go to the Maker Space lot in Conifer Station (both game and player-made families) without any difficulty. I am currently testing with another family to change the space to a Community Garden, after which I will see if the Tinker family can go there. But so far the problem seems only to occur with this Maker Space (the Tinker family can go the Maker Space in Port Promise).  And why does the Maker Space always show up as incomplete on the map after trying and failing to enter it with the Tinker family? Another weird thing is that the lot traits for the Maker Space do not display correctly (the Landfill lot trait shows up as being there when it is a Maker Space, even though I had given it Home Studio instead). I did edit the lot (as I edit all my community lots) before ever playing with it using any family but I didn't structurally change it or remove anything; I merely added things like an extra Fabrication machine, a sale table, a food stall and tables and chairs, etc.    

Message 3 of 8 (559 Views)

Hero
@Simfriend68 Since you have GF, it isn't exactly the same yet the same error code so the source is probably the same. It was also caused through mods (although the saves I tested before did revert back to normal when removing the faulty mods itself) for those that have GF so I wonder if your save was borked.

Did you have any custom lot traits or traits in your game at some point ?

The lots always show up incomplete after you get an error code on them. It's one of the symptoms. Just go into it in build mode and get back out and it that should be fixed.

Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (547 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I read your instructions for sending a save, but I apologize because I do not think I can find the correct one.  My saves folder contains literally hundreds of saves, some of them years old, and the problem started happening last week. Since that time, I have created a number of saves testing various things and I don't know how to locate the original save where the problem first occurred. (Sorry, it didn't occur to me to keep it at the time); I also only back up my saves to another location about once a week and this happened the day after my last backup.

In answer to your question, I didn't have any custom traits or custom lot traits in my game originally, except for a mod which allowed the apartment traits from City Living to be used on regular lots. However, I removed this hack when I removed all of the mods in my game so it wasn't in my game the second time the problem occurred. I hope the save is not borked and in other respects it seems fine. Many other lots and neighborhoods loaded as normal, and as I described, various families could use the Sprucewood Square Maker Space with no difficulties. Maybe as you suggest this problem will disappear since I have no plans to put that Apartment Lot Trait mod back in my game.

In other news, I used another family to vote the Maker Space lot into a Community Garden and this lot, like the other Community Spaces lot is accessible to the Tinker family again. They were able to travel to it without any problems and use it as normal. Weirdly, this lot too, like the Maker Space, shows the Landfill trait from the neighborhood screen, even though I gave it 3 other traits (Reduce and Recycle, Great Soil and Eco Lot). Similarly, when the Tinker family was using the lot, broken appliances continued to show up as they do on a Landfill lot even though in Buy Mode only my 3 chosen traits showed up.  So I think this might be another (possibly unrelated) bug.     

If you have any further instructions about how to find and isolate a pertinent save, I would be happy to hear them; in the meantime, I will continue testing by trying to revert the lot back to a Maker Space lot in another week of game time, using another family, and then see if the Tinker family can travel there unimpeded.

Message 5 of 8 (540 Views)

Hero
@Simfriend68 you know which save to load ingame, right ? Just hover over the little folder icon and it will tell you the name of the save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (527 Views)

Hero
@Simfriend68 Have you been able to locate your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (496 Views)

Hero
@Simfriend68 Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (459 Views)