Can’t do a Sweet Treat Challenge

by caprisim

Original Post

Can’t do a Sweet Treat Challenge

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone XR and Ipad 6th gen
OS Version 12.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003018872416
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the Sweet Treat event screen and tap on “attempt” which should take me to the challenge but it does nothing
What do you expect to see? I expect to be taken to Parkside to start a challenge
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback Also if I send a sim to Parkside there’s no option to start a challenge that way and if I tap on Patty it says she “can’t chat now”

I tried uploading my screen recording on here but it says it’s an “unsupported extension type”.

Please note I’ve made sure that I have attempts available before trying this, and it started happening in my game on both my iphone and iPad regardless if I’m on mobile or WiFi on Sunday August 4th. 

Message 1 of 7 (1,144 Views)

Re: Can’t do a Sweet Treat Challenge

Hero

Hi @caprisim 

You can upload your screen recording to YouTube and post the link here. That's what I usually do.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 2 of 7 (1,104 Views)

EA Live QV Team

That's strange and concerning :o.

@caprisim I have a couple of questions:

Were you able to play the challenge event before this issue started on the 4th? 

Were you playing on both devices at the same time or around the same time?

We're definitely taking a look at this but to get you back into the event asap, I recommend you contact the customer support team and get your account restored to before this issue started. 

Message 3 of 7 (1,100 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SalixCat Thanks for the suggestion but I don’t upload to YouTube, I’ll see if I can find another method that is acceptable 😉
Message 4 of 7 (1,082 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruMaaike Hi there, yes I was able to do the challenges on my phone until the 4th and when it stopped working I tried on my iPad and it was the same.
So if I get my account restored to before the event started, then won’t I lose everything I’ve earned so far from it?
Message 5 of 7 (1,075 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@caprisim how has the event been for you the last few days? 

Message 6 of 7 (945 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve been having the same issue. I can’t access the challenge up until maybe 24 hrs ago. The contest is there but it’s black and doesn’t have an access icon. So I missing all the rewards... 

Message 7 of 7 (588 Views)