Can’t display/purchase new items in latest update (Item limit error)

by rnzesaompl

Original Post

Can’t display/purchase new items in latest update (Item limit error)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 11 Pro Max
OS Version 14.3
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to buy new items in latest update
What do you expect to see? Able to purchase new items
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Other
Country United Kingdom

Hi, is anyone else having the following problem?  I’ve just updated the sims mobile and bought the first 2 new add on packs. When I try to purchase some of the new items it tells me that I need to remove some items to make room?!?!? This had never happened to me before and it’s only happening on certain items - I’ve tried to attach a screenshot of it but it keeps telling me the file is too large?!? I thought you could buy as many items as you want and put them anywhere in your house - it’s letting me put some items in the other houses I’ve built and purchase new ones for them but not the main one which I use all the time!

Message 1 of 13 (983 Views)

Re: Can’t display/purchase new items in latest update

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just been checking and now it’s not letting me purchase any of the new items that came with the update. I have even tried removing the item I want to replace and  purchased another plot and started building another house to offload some of the items I have in storage!! I love the new items in the home catalogue - I just wish it would let me buy them and display them in my main house!! Any thoughts? Or anyone found the same problem?

Message 2 of 13 (965 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I don’t have this issue @rnzesaompl but try to crop your screenshot or save it with poorer resolution and then try to attach here. 

edit: Is it saying you’ve reached the item limit? Since that used to be a feature still in the beginning (?) of this year, that there was a certain ‘amount’ of items&textures you could place on your lot. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 13 (943 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for getting back to me.  I’ve tried removing items and replacing them but it’s still not working! I’ve got rid of loads of stuff out of storage by dumping it in the new lot I purchased but it still won’t let me even look at the new items to replace old for new! It’s happening on walls, wallpaper, carpets etc too so I’m not sure what to do. I even tried building a new room, which it let me do, but it won’t let me put anything in it.  Any suggestions? I don’t want to put a whole room into storage then find I can’t items back out! P.s. I’ve managed to attach a couple of photos of the message 👍

Message 4 of 13 (935 Views)

Hero

I used to remove outdoor plants since the texture took more resources.

See an earlier post where the item limit is explained.

If I remember correctly the item limit was ‘raised’ in the spring when the multiple floors were introduced and I haven’t seen the error in my game after that. (My main lot has only 2 floors and items to fit in that and outdoor plants moderately.)

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 13 (926 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have same problem to since last update , I have 4th floor,

my house is full of item , it limit too , so it bugged or it normal ? Thx

Message 6 of 13 (892 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@rnzesaompl How many floor u have ? I have 4th floor my item limit too I put all I got in my lot
Message 7 of 13 (891 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@sionxions There is a limit in the content we can have in our house lots as @Ilois4 has mentioned. This includes rooms, flooring, windows, plants, furniture, decorations, etc.
You can read about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/About-the-Item-limit-error/m-p/7777613#M20296

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 8 of 13 (886 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@rnzesaompl U can’t buy new pack ?
Message 9 of 13 (885 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SalixCat So item still limit in lot right ? Ok thx !
Message 10 of 13 (881 Views)