Can't deliver berries to Sara Scott

by jupejuperocket

Original Post

Can't deliver berries to Sara Scott

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them - no mods.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Accept the errands quest from Sara Scott. She will ask you to bring 3 of one of the kinds of berries to her.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have a dozen raspberries in my inventory and I can't give any to her to complete the quest.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to give her the raspberries.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've included two screenshots. One of the quest and the 0/4 raspberries, the other of what pops up when I go to talk to Sara Scott.

This same bug occurs with another quest where I need to deliver several different berries to Sara for the signature drink.

Message 1 of 6 (3,305 Views)

Re: Can't deliver berries to Sara Scott

★ Guide

It appears EA has it set where you have to collect the berries after accepting the errand. It works when you collect them after picking it up. That is how it worked for me when I went through that errand.

Message 2 of 6 (3,270 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've collected lots of raspberries since, but they aren't showing. It's weird.

Message 3 of 6 (3,221 Views)

★★ Novice

I was asked to collect 4 blueberries. I have 8 in my inventory but there’s no option to give them to her and it shows 0/4 in the work thingy.

I wish I knew what to do. It just says to collect them and click “deliver blueberries on villager Sim.  I’ve collected them but can’t deliver them.

So I just tried placing four blueberries on the bar. Now that I only have four in my inventory the “deliver blueberries” option is appearing under the “friendly” social. But the 0/4 is still appearing under the work thingy.  

Give this a try if you have more than the required berries.  Let us know if that works.

Message 4 of 6 (3,141 Views)

Champion

These quests work for me even when I already have the berries in my inventory - I grew them myself instead of foraging if that makes a difference - but the option to deliver them is often buried a few levels into the friendly interactions.

The task shows 0/4 because it’s counting berries delivered, not berries in inventory.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 5 of 6 (3,134 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You need to call Sara away from the bar so she isn’t serving. Make conversation with her and “deliver raspberries” should come up under friendly chat. The work tab stating 0/1 is what you give her, not what’s in your inventory. 
Hope this helps Standard smile 

Message 6 of 6 (2,953 Views)