Can't cook after update in December

by dragonskull2523

Original Post

Re: Can't cook after update in December

★ Apprentice

Mine did this and then I repaired it this morning.  Now, it is doing it again.  It may be a temporary fix, but not permanent.  Twice in one day seems more than a coincidence; I am repairing it now again with Origin.  Just thought I would let you know just in case some of these others find th their game keeps doing it as well.  In case that happens, I'll just say that I'm playing offline because the patch messed my game up and the tray thing causes my game to not load.  So not sure if these same people may have had the same problem or if this is caused by something else; just thought I'd share in case the info. is important later.   

Message 81 of 184 (1,241 Views)

Can't make food in Sims 4

★★ Novice

Happy new year everyone n.n

i can't make food in sims 4, i click on the fridge and the ovn but nothing seems to happen, and i loose money on it too. its free spaces beteween them so my sim can cook,  i can't buy pizza either e.e help pls

Message 82 of 184 (1,215 Views)

Re: Can't cook after update in December

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have had the same issue as everyone else on this thread.

I used 'Repair' through Origin, which seems to work for a short while, allowing my Sims to start cooking one meal again, but then they stop responding to those requests just like before, then stop being able to interact with the fridge in other ways too, like cleaning out spoiled food.

Any news on a longer term solution for this problem?

I've to come off the game, repair it and go back on 3 times now, but the problem always reoccurs really quickly.

(I don't use any mods)

Message 83 of 184 (1,215 Views)

The Sims 4 - Can't have breakfeast, lunch or dinner.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Greetings!

So on December 24th, I got The Sims 4 Collector's Edition. The game was fine after a couple of days of playing it. However, when I got into the game again about a day ago, after clicking on "Have breakfeast", my sims could not have breakfeast. My money would still be spent but my sims would not make anything! I tried again when I clicked on "Serve Dinner" but to no avail. The same thing happens if I click on "Have/Serve Lunch" or "Have/Serve Dinner", even if I click on "Cook...".

So now the only way my sims are able to eat is by clicking on "Have a quick meal." However, whenever I click on it, my sims would not go up to the fridge and take out their food, instead they would stay where they are (for example: their living room) and would just make the hand motion and take out the food out of nowhere as if the fridge was in front of them, and as they do that you could see the fridge in the kitchen opening by itself and then closing.

Besides that, some minor glitches that I have are when the icon of a sim show that they are at work when they are actually in their house, and whenever I log on I would hear music from the radio playing but the radios aren't turned on.

Please, if anyone knows how to fix these bugs, I would be very glad. Thank you! Confusedmileyhappy:

-----UPDATE!!! 02/01/2015-----

I logged back into the game and everything is fine now! My sims can cook normally now, and no other glitches seem to happen.

However, thank you guys so much for the replies! I'll make sure I'll refer back to this post if the same thing happens again.

Have a Happy New Year! Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 84 of 184 (1,215 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 - Can't have breakfeast, lunch or dinner.

★★★ Newbie

My sims keep starving to death because of this problem. One of them wont even eat the quick meal options. It's super frustrating not being able to feed your sims. Before I could fix it by just restarting the game, but even that isn't working- nor is reverting to an earlier save.

Another possible glitch I've seen is one of my sims outfit occassionally changes on its own. It reverts to what the starting outfit was for her.

Please fix the problems

Message 85 of 184 (1,210 Views)

refrigiator glitch

★ Novice

Whenever I try to make someone cook a meal by clicking the fridge, (let's say that I try to cook a Mac and cheese) it will take away the 3 simoleons but it will cancel out of the queue list, so I keep having to make quick meals. And also I have a microwave but whenever I try to have something on the microwave section it does the same thing. And when I have my sims have a quick meal, they don't go to the actual fridge, they just stop and open an invisible fridge in front of them and in the kitchen, the fridge opens by itself when I have them make a quick meal which is the only food they can live on at the moment. Help please.

Message 86 of 184 (1,268 Views)

★ Novice

I have the exact same problem! I've heard that you can always go and visit a residences house and that will reset all glitches. If this does not work, then I don't know what will. I having tried this method yet but it's worth a try

Message 87 of 184 (1,201 Views)

Re: Can't make food in Sims 4

Hero

@uchiharap3 Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 88 of 184 (1,205 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Quick solution to get things back on track for you...

• Exit the game
  • Right click on the game in the Origin client
  • Select "Repair Game"

For more information see this blog entry on Crinrict's Sims 4 Blog.

Message 89 of 184 (1,195 Views)

Re: refrigiator glitch

★★★★★ Apprentice

@laraisllama wrote:

Whenever I try to make someone cook a meal by clicking the fridge, (let's say that I try to cook a Mac and cheese) it will take away the 3 simoleons but it will cancel out of the queue list, so I keep having to make quick meals. And also I have a microwave but whenever I try to have something on the microwave section it does the same thing. And when I have my sims have a quick meal, they don't go to the actual fridge, they just stop and open an invisible fridge in front of them and in the kitchen, the fridge opens by itself when I have them make a quick meal which is the only food they can live on at the moment. Help please.

Others have experienced this behavior as well.   In order to resolve the issue, exit the game, right click on it in Origin, and select Repair Game.  For more information, see this blog post on Crinrict's Sims 4 Blog.

Message 90 of 184 (1,260 Views)