by dragonskull2523

Original Post

Re: Can't cook after update in December

Hero

@barbara659 Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 184 (1,087 Views)

Cooking/Sim doesn't interact with stove

★★★ Newbie
None of the sims in the household will interact with the stove/microwave anymore. There is nothing on the counters or in the way of the cooking activity. I tested by loading up a new character and using a vanilla domicile, just in case my original save was corrupted by the update or something (eg through the 'Hardly Hungry' perk). No dice - new sim did exactly the same thing. I select the stove or fridge; highlight and expand the cooking menus; select the dish and size; and the sim pays the simoleons and ingredients. No activity gets listed on his action sequence, and he does not make any interaction at all with either the stove or fridge, etc. Likewise, if there is food inside the fridge already, there is no longer a 'eat leftovers' interaction option, either. Also, no matter how hungry their need gets, they do not automatically cook or eat anything outside of their inventory (I have to keep them alive with apples in their inventory). Some of the 'have quick meal' option (yoghurt, cereal and juice), but the sim does not interact with the fridge for this. It appears in his/her hands from whatever distance away without going anywhere near the kitchen. Any ideas what the solution here is? Barring a reinstall, of course. It was a pain installing in the first place. the last thing I want to to do is go through all that again.
Message 52 of 184 (987 Views)

Re: Sim wont cook food

★ Novice
I have a similar problem I make my sim choose what to make but it cancels it out and they don't even go near the fridge I've changed the fridge but I dont know what else to do
Message 53 of 184 (1,013 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having an issue with cooking as well. My sims cannot cook anything that requires the fridge. They can cook on a bbq.

The first time I had this issue, I repaired the game and it worked fine for a little bit, but now I am having to repair the game every time I want to open and play the game because if I don't the issue comes back. I've tried replacing the fridge, all of the benches, the stove. The entire kitchen.

I've not tried playing as a premade family/household, so I will try that later and update.

Edit: This morning I opened the game with out fixing it first and clicked to play the never before played Goth family. I got one of the family members to go to the fridge and cook, they managed perfectly fine. Once that was done, I went back to my original household and they could also cook perfectly fine. After closing the game and re-opening it, again with out repairing, I have gone straight to my original family and they can still cook perfectly fine.

Will update with more information if I find this issue happening again, but for now it seems that it is fixed.

Message 54 of 184 (999 Views)

★ Novice

Very first sim i've made, only played the game once before, and already encountered this bug. I would say something ignorant about proper testing before release, but no point complaining to EA or its representatives.

Message 55 of 184 (999 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem with just one of the sims in the family, and she didn't have this before. The sim will start cooking, then stop, and when I try to command her to continue cooking, she will wave her arms and act as if she can't get to the object, but when I select "clean" instead of "continue cooking", she is able to do it.

Message 56 of 184 (991 Views)

Re: Cooking/Sim doesn't interact with stove

Hero

@mooseflower Merged. Please refer to the solution post of this thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 184 (974 Views)

Hero

@missjennifer557 @Emmerah @demoninside1981 @katakem Merged. Please refer to the solution post of this thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 58 of 184 (969 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi I am having the same problem as you guys if it helps I am currently using a bbq in the sims kitchen so they won't go hungry only problem is it cost a lot more and is aiding in the sims gaining weight Frown hopefully a fix soon
Message 59 of 184 (954 Views)

Re: Food bug? - Attempting to eat food but ends up on floor

★★★ Newbie
Mine similar to these two as well, when I select to eat from fridge or other item microwave cooker - it started just taking my simoleons from where ever they were stood and the action got cancelled? Now if I select have a quick meal cereal etc I don't even have to visit a fridge they do the action of opening one but if doing another task it's helps loads..... On the down side I've can't empty the off food from the fridge. Moved house, started new game, did it last time on last save, base install no mods from origin. Good luck on finding the bug ea...
Anyways not kinda complaining but I'd like to be able to do the cooking skill at some point.
Message 60 of 184 (956 Views)