Can't cook after update in December

by dragonskull2523

Original Post

The Sims 4 12/16/14 Update bug, Sims wont cook

★★★ Newbie

I've come across a really major bug in the latest update. Any action involving the fridge, stove, or microwave will not show up in my Sims activity queue. However when I choose something to cook it will still subtract money from my funds even though nothing registers in my queue. I can't really play anymore because as long as my Sims are unable to cook they will slowly starve to death. This needs to be fixed ASAP as it's a game-stopping bug.

Message 11 of 184 (57,057 Views)

Re: Can't cook after update in December

★ Guide

I just got that problem too. It's very troublesome cause my sims can only eat quick meals now :\

Message 12 of 184 (57,068 Views)

Sims won't interact with fridge SIMS 4

★★★ Novice

Hi I just updated the Sims 4 and since then I've notice that my sims won't interact with the fridge. When I try to make them cook something, it charges however much the meal is but doesn't show up in the task bar. When I try to make them take a quickmeal from the fridge instead of cooking, instead of going to the fridge and opening it to get the meal, the sim can open it from where ever they are (ie outsidea when the fridge is inside) and miraculously take a meal. I haven't seen this bug yet in the list of known bugs so I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I have a PC Windows8 operating system and have the downloadable version of the game.

Message 13 of 184 (67,001 Views)

★★★ Novice

Never used mods. I even restarted the game. Still having issues with the fridge.

Message 14 of 184 (57,061 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 12/16/14 Update bug, Sims wont cook

Several people have reported that this has worked:

• Put your Saves, Tray and Mod folders and Option.ini file on your desktop. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder. Then start the game, exit the game, and put your moved items back. Delete the Scratch subfolder from inside Saves. Then start the game again.

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 15 of 184 (57,050 Views)

Some people have reported that this fixed it: Put your Saves, Tray and Mod folders and Option.ini file on your desktop. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder. Then start the game, exit the game, and put your moved items back. Delete the Scratch subfolder from inside Saves. Then start the game again.

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 16 of 184 (57,054 Views)

My sim can't cook, have tried everything.

★★★ Newbie

I have tried to find the answer but cant find the problem.

My sim pays for the food, but it wont show up in the activity log it just disappears, i have tried to delete everything on the counter, put the whole kitchen outside. done a whole new kitchen nothing works.

Message 17 of 184 (66,990 Views)

Re: My sim can't cook, have tried everything.

Hero

@Zanniy Merged. 

Are you using mods ? Try the suggestions in this thread as well

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 184 (66,985 Views)

Re: My sim can't cook, have tried everything.

★★★ Newbie

I am using no mods.

Message 19 of 184 (66,977 Views)

Hero

Seems reparing the game on Origin solved the issue for most people in this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/804335/sims-cant-use-the-refrigerator-other-issues

Could everyone please try this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 184 (66,978 Views)