Re: Can't cook after update in December

by Andrew060

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Forgive me, I haven't read through all the pages here. I also had this problem. "Repair Game" in Origin works, but only for a little while. I don't know an exact time frame, but in my personal experience I have to quit the game and repair it in Origin every day or two. (That's real life days, not Sim days.) Not sure if that means it holds about 24-48 hours or if it only holds for 2-3 saves. Makes me scared to have parties though. 

Message 121 of 184 (404 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your user files ? (only when the bug is active)

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\ and upload to dropbox or mediafire and PM me the link (don't post it here since this is a public forum)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 122 of 184 (393 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please help! This is the first time I've ever had a glitch. Not even sure if i'm in the right section for my problem. My SIMS wont cook either. Did anybody get this problem solved? And if so, what do i do? I tried the repair option when i right click the game on My Games in Origin - didnt solve it. I cant even play my game.....

Message 123 of 184 (388 Views)

★★ Novice
Today this happened to me. Only bought the game a few days ago. My sim can't cook and can't have any cooking items in the queue.

New fridge, new stove, new counters... No luck. Moving out, going to a new lot... No luck... Repairing origin, no perm luck.

It would be helpful if EA could fix this critical bug
Message 124 of 184 (374 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your user files ? If so, please zip this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\ up and upload the file to mediafire or dropbox, then PM me the link (don't post it here, this is a public forum)

@axisofunity 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 125 of 184 (367 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Since yesterday I have been experiencing this glitch. Multiple households in my game can't cook anything. When you click on the fridge to start a meal you are charged for it, but the Sim makes no attempt to even go to the Fridge. Sometimes I've also seen plates teleporting from the fridge to the sims hand without them being anywhere near the fridge.

Repairing has not fixed it for me. I think the 'Solved' status of this thread should be removed as it is not solved at all it would seem.

Message 126 of 184 (362 Views)

Hero

There is a solution that works for most, so it's the solved makes that solution more visible.

It's not fixed and hence it doesn't have a fixed icon on the compiled list.

If you are willing to share your user files, please see above

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 127 of 184 (354 Views)

no meal serving

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Since the new update my sims can not make any meals anymore. They can only eat fast meals like milk. 

When I click on the fridge- cook- (then a kind of meal) they pay for it, but after that they will not do anything.

Message 128 of 184 (352 Views)

The Sims 4 Update has bugs!

★★★ Newbie

I updated the game yesterday, and now it isn't functioning properly.  The Sims won't cook, even on their home lots.  They will only use the grill.   Therefore, no cooking skills.   And they will not use the refrigerator properly either.  I have to take the food out, then put it back myself.  None of this was happening before the update.

Message 129 of 184 (422 Views)

Re: no meal serving

★ Apprentice

@4e040c98cfeac5c6 wrote:

Since the new update my sims can not make any meals anymore. They can only eat fast meals like milk. 

When I click on the fridge- cook- (then a kind of meal) they pay for it, but after that they will not do anything.

Same here. It first happened for me after the Careers patch actually. I deleted my cache files and did Repair Game in Origin and that fixed it then. However the same glitch happened again after the latest patch. Sadly the same fix did not work this time and my Sims still only grab quick meals from thin air.

One thing I found out while testing the attempted fix tonight was my Sim can still use grills and can correctly "Put Away" the food in the fridge. She can not however "Grab a serving" from the fridge. But if I click the fridge->select "Open"->select "Place in world" then my Sim does the open fridge animation wherever she happens to be, pulls the serving out of thin air, and finds a surface to set it down on. Once the food is set down somewhere I can tell my Sim to eat the food. Final thing I noticed is I can't drag food item into the fridge from a Sim's inventory or from the world. It simply doesn't drop in there and stays in the Sim inventory or the world. Funny thing is my Sim can put the food in the fridge but I can't. Glitches are real weird like that.

Message 130 of 184 (339 Views)