Re: Can't cook after update in December

by Lssforrest

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't cook after update in December

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I can longer cook. When I click to make dinner (or anything) it takes the money to make it but doesn't give the sim the task to actually do it. Also, when they go to eat Quick Meals, they don't even go to the fridge. They stand where ever they are and the fridge opens and the food appears in their hand. 

EDIT (crin)

Please provide the info asked in this thread: 

I'm locking this thread so please continue in the other.

Message 3 of 184 (4,202 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Please provide the info asked in this thread: 

I'm locking this thread so please continue in the other.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 184 of 184 (2,292 Views)

All Replies

Sims won't cook!

★★★ Newbie

I updated the game and now my Sims won't cook, and are starving themselves! What should I do? I tried replacing the fridge and stove, and even moved them to a different house. No such luck. 

Message 1 of 184 (14,042 Views)

Re: Sims won't cook!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem! It takes the money but doesn't put the task in the bar for them to do. I can get Quick Meals and that's it. I've lost a lot of money trying to get them to cook! They don't even go to the fridge to get the food, either. Where ever they are standing, the fridge opens and then they magically have food in their hand.

Message 2 of 184 (14,038 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same things happening to me, its frustrating, if you already have stuff in your fridge you can open the fridge and drag and drop the food in and out or order a pizza to keep your sims alive until they can fix it.

Message 4 of 184 (14,029 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same as dragonskull2523 but i can use the grill. Nothing else.

Message 5 of 184 (4,122 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I restarted my game after not saving it and the cooking function now works
Message 6 of 184 (4,118 Views)

Hero

Are you guys using mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 184 (4,110 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Merged quite a few threads on this

Could you all try this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Can-t-cook-after-update-in-December/m-p/4128295#M600...

If it doesn't help:

• Are you guys using mods your game
  • Please start a new game for testing purposes to see if you have the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 184 (14,026 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I did the same as Lssforrest (restarted Origin after not saving game progress) and my sims are now able to cook using the stove. Thanks!

Update:

I logged into the game again just now and the problem is back Confusedmileysad:

Message 9 of 184 (4,102 Views)

Sims 4 new update - fridge issues

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have downloaded the new careers update and now one of my adults will not cook no matter what I tell him to cook but it still takes the money away as if he has cooked the meal.  Also when the children get the cereal from the fridge they now take it from wherever they are in the house (they don't have to even walk into the same room as the fridge).

Message 10 of 184 (14,040 Views)