Original Post

Can't connect to EA Live Servers

★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. In game main menu
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 14/01/2021 16:30 UK
Summarize your bug When the game main menu loads up and I press 'X' to start the game, the game loading screen comes on and it starts loading but instead of loading into the game, it loads back into the main menu and says it can't connect to the EA live servers
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try playing the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Makes game unplayable. Keeps loading back to the main menu even if all servers are up and running normally
What should be happening instead? Should load into the game and should be able to play

When the game main menu loads up and I press 'X' to start the game, the game loading screen comes on and it starts loading but instead of loading into the game, it loads back into the main menu and says it can't connect to the EA live servers 

Message 1 of 18 (7,303 Views)

Re: Can't connect to EA Live Servers

@ManualSave are you connected via Wi-Fi or Ethernet ?

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 2 of 18 (7,273 Views)

★★★ Novice

Connected via Ethernet, I don't have any problems playing any of my other games online.   (P.s, how do I get back to this forum when I receive a reply? I just had to search for it and it took me 5 minutes to find it )

Message 3 of 18 (7,266 Views)

@ManualSave  didn't you receive an email ?....there's a direct link in it

the problem with the Anthem servers is that they are difficult to connect to an to stay connected to...that's the reason why you might just have the problem with Anthem and no other game. Stability is to be prioritised over speed, the slightest error on your line and it won't connect.

I'm on PC so I don't know much about console settings, sorry.

Message 4 of 18 (7,262 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah but I'm using mobile and when I follow the link through the email, I'm not signed in and it doesn't give me the option to sign in using my PSN account which is how I created my account and how I sign in so I can't sign in without it. Ok thank you for your input, any idea on how I can make the line more stable?

Message 5 of 18 (7,257 Views)

@ManualSave  I don't really cos I'm in France and providers are different... with mine I can check if there are errors on the line and then try to find out if it comes from my installation or from the provider...

If your mobile phone is an Iphone it doesn't work for some reason but it should with any other smartphone

Message 6 of 18 (7,247 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm using an android but it opens the link in a separate browser that's connected to the email app.  Yeah we have that too but it says there's no problems, I will have to get in contact with my provider because when I do a speed test, I still have the speeds they promised but I have noticed that it does sometimes have problems like right now I'm watching YouTube and the quality has dropped from 1080p to 720

Message 7 of 18 (7,246 Views)

@ManualSave  ok take care, I hope you find a solution Standard smile

Message 8 of 18 (7,237 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you , got in touch with them and they said to change DNS servers and it should definitely make the connection more stable and improve speeds but it can take 24-72 hours to update and I'll have to wait and see. But I wouldn't of done it without your input, didn't know Anthem needed a stable connection for you to play so thanks Standard smile 

Message 9 of 18 (7,232 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Have you tried to play anthem connected to hotspot? I just made a topic about it im on ps4 pro my broadband got between 20mb/70mb speed, my iphone got between 1.2mb/12mb (depending where the phone is i can even get more) but anthem got that exactly same issue that you said but only connected to broadband on my iphone 11 hotspot works perfect. Can you test it and let me know ? See if possibly its common issue or maybe just me. I tried many things port forward etc nothing...

Message 10 of 18 (7,198 Views)