by LadyDarkSorrow

Original Post

Can't close EA Announcement Window

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Whenever there is a pop-up window announcement (E.g. International Women's Day). I go to click the X to close or escape so that I can play the game. Nothing happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't access the main menu to play the game as the window is blocking it. It will not allow me to open Task Manager. I have to restart my computer.
What do you expect to see? I load the game. There is an EA announcement. I try to click the X to close the window. The game freezes/crashes and I have to restart my computer.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Whenever there is a pop-up window announcement (E.g. International Women's Day). I can't click X to close or escape so that I can play the game. Nothing happens. I can't access the main menu to play the game as the window is blocking it. It will not allow me to open Task Manager. I have to restart my computer. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 1 of 9 (895 Views)

Re: Sims 4 EA Announcement Window Breaking Game

Hero
@Justasimatheart Did you test without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (885 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Once I've restarted my computer and reloaded the game the pop-up window announcement is gone, so I am not able to check whether it would happen without mods. 

In the past, with a game without CC, the same thing happened though.

I never know when there will be an EA pop up to remove the mods in advance. It's been happening for a while though.

I know in the grand scheme of things it isn't that bad, it's just that when you have a lot of CC and are patiently waiting for the game to load (it takes a while) only for it to freeze/crash it kind of takes the joy out of playing. 🤣 I was hoping someone else had the problem and had a magical fix. 😄

Message 3 of 9 (875 Views)

Hero
@Justasimatheart I had no issues with the pop-up.

Are you using UI Cheat Mods or some other UI Mod ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (852 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict I had the same issue, my fix was to put the game in Fullscreen then back to windowed Fullscreen mode after 

Message 5 of 9 (822 Views)

Hero
@LadyDarkSorrow Do you guys Origin in game or discord overlays activated ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (788 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I do have UI Cheat Mods installed. 

I always play in fullscreen mode @LadyDarkSorrow 

Message 7 of 9 (778 Views)

Hero
@Justasimatheart That could be a factor. Unfortunately it's hard to tell when the next accouchement comes to test if that's the culprit or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (774 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict  sorry for late reply. time zones and all, I play in Fullscreen Window mode and chanting on twitch when the game was loading.. not sure what happen but not seeing it anymore..  discord was off and I didn't use Origin at the time..

@Justasimatheart  okay, was just saying that what was a fix for my problem incase anyone else runs into it

Message 9 of 9 (708 Views)