Can’t click the counter

by LucyX99

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can’t click the counter

★★★ Novice

It was the second time I tried to finish the Roommates Race quest (maybe it was my fault that last time I left my Sim in a long event for a few hours and when I came to check on him 2 hours later it turned out he wasn’t there and with all the Cupcakes and Sim Cash I had to finish the quest I was not able to) and I was looking forward to it. I even woke up at 4 am. I used 5 Cupcakes to speed things up. With 2 hours and 10 minutes or so left and one last part of the quest (mix celebratory muffins, who lasts 2 hours and 30 minutes to finish) I thought I was ok. A few sim cash and the third sim slot will be mine! But no...I came 10 minutes before the quest expires to finish it. I pressed the balsa counter on and on and on desperate. I tried all the angles and I moved the counter around the house. Not a chance! This was not the first time I had to speed something up and I know how it’s supposed to work but I couldn’t do it this time. I never thought I would cry at 20 years old for a game. After checking the internet for answers I came here to complain. Thank you for your time and have a good day!

Message 1 of 15 (4,242 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can’t click the counter

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marking as solution for Visibility Purposes

Hi @LucyX99 !

Could you provide us sa bit of info so we can investigate further into this:
Player ID
Device 
OS

We will investigate this to see if we can prevent it to happen in the future!

View in thread

Message 4 of 15 (4,134 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@LucyX99 this is indeed disappointing because it is such a long quest that requires so much effort. I'm sorry you couldn't finish it.

Was the roommate race quest still active in your quest tab the last time you opened the app, just before you tried to do the last step?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 15 (4,175 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes...I still had 10 whole minutes to click the counter from all angles, move it, close the app, close the phone, open them once again

Message 3 of 15 (4,163 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marking as solution for Visibility Purposes

Hi @LucyX99 !

Could you provide us sa bit of info so we can investigate further into this:
Player ID
Device 
OS

We will investigate this to see if we can prevent it to happen in the future!

Message 4 of 15 (4,135 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@LucyX99 In the second picture you uploaded, it says your counter is broken. Did you fix the counter and try to complete the step again after fixing it?
Message 5 of 15 (4,107 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was able to see that the counter is broken only after the action my sim was doing was over. That happened after the quest expired. The counter was not broken before I started the action.

Message 6 of 15 (4,082 Views)

★★★ Novice

My device is an iPhone 6S, the OS version is 11.3 and I will leave an image with my playerId.

Message 7 of 15 (4,081 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@LucyX99 What action was your male sim doing in the picture with the broken counter top? His box is pink and he has a cupcake next to his name.

The second to last step costs 200 simoleons and is just a few seconds. The last step is timed at 2.5 hours. Their boxes would light up green when the quest steps are completed and neither step can be sped up with a cupcake.

From the picture, it kind of looks like your sim is preoccupied in another activity, possibly a work or hobby shift, and would not be able to do both that and the last quest step. Does your sim have the cooking hobby or something that may have been tapped in the kitchen? If I’m misunderstanding from the pics, I’m sorry 😐 they’re a little hard to understand in relation to the active quest steps.
Message 8 of 15 (4,052 Views)

★★★ Novice

In the second picture he was doing a different event. I took that image to show I can click on the balsa counter. You can speed up the step by using sim Cash. That was what I was going to do  but I was not able to because it would not let me.I did not take any photos while I was having the problem because I was busy clicking the counter, the floor, the sim, anything that could help me for 10 minutes until the event expired.

Message 9 of 15 (4,030 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@LucyX99 

I think I understand. So you clicked on the last step to complete the quest, the one that said “Mix celebratory muffins,” and it said that it would take 2h 30min and cost 10 energy to complete. You had about 2h and 10min until the quest expired and came back to the game when you had 10 mins to spare. 

When you returned to the game with 10 mins left, were you looking for bubbles on the counters to click on to do the task and found none to click on — is that right? Is this when you tried everything and moved counters around trying to speed along the event?

This step would have had a little clock next to your sim’s face, and a SimCash button to rush it. Did you see that on your screen and try that option? I’m not sure if it would have cost 20SC to speed it along, even with 10 mins left, or if it would have been cheaper. 

These are from RachyBop’s YouTube walkthrough. Is this the point you were at and you were actively completing this step with no way to speed it along, even by rushing it at the bottom with SimCash? Or were you unable to even get the option on the counters to do that last step of “Mix celebratory muffins”?

2D4D93E3-05BD-4623-A773-35737DF38043.jpeg

F611792E-68A9-49F1-804B-AE3E7DFC7529.jpeg

Message 10 of 15 (4,016 Views)