by simmerdownMAL

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can’t change the roof at all

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Ipad Air 2
OS Version 12.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003027048969
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to change the roof height, pattern and colour.
What do you expect to see? Being able to change the roof height, pattern and colour.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Sweden
Additional feedback I’ve been playing for over a year now and I don’t think I’ve ever been able to. I’ve actively tried many times in the past like, three months. Nothing happens when I click the options even if I click accept. I’ve tried to remove all my rooms and items and reinstall the game but nothing changed (I just lost my house rip lol). I also always have the latest updates.

I took a screenshot of how it looks when I try to change the roof.

EDIT: When I “deleted” the last room just now the roof actually changed to black? I still can’t change it but something might have happened when I did that. Good thing though because black is better than orange ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 1 of 7 (5,423 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can’t change the roof at all

★★★★ Guide

@unfictional 

You may have already tried this, but I just wanted to double check. 

If you just tap on the colors, as you would in the Create a Sim to change an outfit color or hair color, the color of the roof won’t change. Neither will the height or type of roof shingles.

FFE32884-1E4D-4810-9E29-E24A53E782D8.jpeg

You need to tap on the part of the roof you wish to change, then select the color/height/type. 

412D3BE2-4C05-4CD9-965A-C875FDC9D235.jpeg

Sorry if you already knew this — I thought it was worth checking. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (5,372 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@unfictional 

You have probably tried this but I'll ask anyway.

What happens if you change to another type of roof, accept the change and close build mode. Then reopen build mode, choose another type of roof and try to change the colour. 

Can you change colours now?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 7 (5,394 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@unfictional 

You may have already tried this, but I just wanted to double check. 

If you just tap on the colors, as you would in the Create a Sim to change an outfit color or hair color, the color of the roof won’t change. Neither will the height or type of roof shingles.

FFE32884-1E4D-4810-9E29-E24A53E782D8.jpeg

You need to tap on the part of the roof you wish to change, then select the color/height/type. 

412D3BE2-4C05-4CD9-965A-C875FDC9D235.jpeg

Sorry if you already knew this — I thought it was worth checking. 

Message 3 of 7 (5,373 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oh my god, this didn’t even come up as an option inside my head! I will definitely try this when I get home!! Really hoping I’m just this stupid, hahaha, it’s better that I’m stupid than having a bug lol Standard smile I’ll return when I’ve tried!!

Message 4 of 7 (5,298 Views)

★★★ Novice
@simmerdownMAL Good news! I was the stupid one. Thank you!! (Although it isn’t that clear in the game how to do it, haha)
Message 5 of 7 (5,283 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@unfictional I’m so glad! Yeah, I agree. It’s not super obvious because it works differently than how we change the color on a lot of other things in the game. I’m happy to hear it’s not a bug!
Message 6 of 7 (5,276 Views)

★★★ Novice

cool, thanks alot. it's been a week since i started playing the game I thought it Bug in the game

Message 7 of 7 (4,888 Views)