[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPad
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPad
OS Version 13
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 532-189-489
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Players who use iOS and their game centre accounts originally were registered in mainland China can’t buy any crystals and packs. Changing the location of our accounts to other region/country still doesn’t work, even I’m in other region/country personally.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Register an account which is originally in mainland China 2. Change the region/country setting of account to random region/country 3. Open the game again, and check the crystals and packs
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country China

The setting of my account shows in pictures, please help us to solve this problem, thanks!

3F98C264-29A8-436E-94B3-AF5031D2FCAD.jpeg
E71C7CBF-178D-4B90-BF59-A875D6C52651.png
1DE225D4-F277-4DC9-B5E3-F6CBB44A3EAB.png
Message 1 of 11 (921 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can’t buy any pack or crystal

EA Live QV Team

Hi @TatianaVavi and thank you for the report.

We had to restrict/remove MTX items in order to comply with Chinese law. This is the intended behavior and not a bug when you are located in China.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (827 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @TatianaVavi and thank you for the report.

We had to restrict/remove MTX items in order to comply with Chinese law. This is the intended behavior and not a bug when you are located in China.

Message 2 of 11 (828 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello @EA_HighCommand !

Thanks for your reply and concern))) Is there any solution of this problem? And are only mainland China players affected by this law or Hong Kong and Macau players are also affected by this law?

because currently I’m in Hong Kong and I still can’t buy crystals or packs.

Message 3 of 11 (804 Views)

EA Live QV Team

We are looking into potential solutions and no, players who created their account outside of China should not be affected.

Message 4 of 11 (762 Views)

★★ Novice
Hello dear @EA_HighCommand )))
Thanks for your help. I understand now, and waiting for the further news.
Good day!
Message 5 of 11 (740 Views)

★ Novice

I am experiencing this "bug"--or a nearly identical bug. I live in the United States, but happened to download Galaxy of Heroes while in China (I was in China when one of the Star Wars movies came out). So my region is the United States, I am currently in the States and not in China, but now I am unable to purchase any packs or crystals, just because I downloaded the game while in China. Is this working as intended?

Message 6 of 11 (706 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing as Audscious - I was in China 3 years ago when I downloaded the game but am a US citizen living in the US. Is there any way to change my country code?!

Message 7 of 11 (607 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_HighCommand Hello! Please spend few seconds on reading the following new comments, it seems that there’re some players who have the same problem. Thanks!
Message 8 of 11 (578 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @TatianaVavi and thank you for tagging me.

We are still looking into potential solutions to those players who are affected by this change.

Message 9 of 11 (549 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@EA_HighCommand Hello! Thanks a lot for your efforts! We’re looking for the possible solution as well)
Message 10 of 11 (543 Views)