Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't bathe pet- no option

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work. Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat. Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Toddler, Vintage Glamour, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party. Country Kitchen- Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a pet and try to give it a bath.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to click on my bath tub to give my pet a bath and it no longer offers the option, no matter what tub you try to use. Even after my pet had run away and was stinky it wouldn't let me bathe it.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to give my pet a bath to alleviate stinky pets/fleas.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch update changed the ability to bathe pets for me.

I have no mods installed or downloaded. I have tried starting a fresh game to see if it would change/improve the bug but it didn't. I noticed this bug after the most recent patch update.

Message 1 of 7 (2,860 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't bathe pet- no option

★★ Pro
@XAmazonianessX What a nightmare! (I have dogs IRL and the Sims.)

You've probably already tried it, but, just in case, have you tried doing a repair through Origin? (It might take more than one go. Three seems to be a charm.)

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (2,833 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro
@XAmazonianessX What a nightmare! (I have dogs IRL and the Sims.)

You've probably already tried it, but, just in case, have you tried doing a repair through Origin? (It might take more than one go. Three seems to be a charm.)
Message 2 of 7 (2,834 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Yes! I'm a pet groomer IRL so imagine my horror LOL! I have tried the repair once, yes, but maybe I'll try it a couple more times. No luck yet Frown

Message 3 of 7 (2,808 Views)

Hero
@XAmazonianessX Just tested my game and it's still showing up for me. Did you try multiple dogs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (2,783 Views)

★★★ Novice

After multiple repairs I can now bathe my dogs!! However, the option still isn't available for cats. Is that normal? 

Message 5 of 7 (2,760 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think that  is normal. Sims don't have to bathe for cats. 
(Thanks for that, I really like have cats more than dogs in sims' life.)

Message 6 of 7 (2,738 Views)

Hero
@XAmazonianessX yes, you can't bath cats

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (2,732 Views)