Re: Can't add third trait to my pet.

by khitteh

Original Post

Hero
@khitteh I think it's a sub-issue. OP of the other thread also wanted to add the missing trait via the cheat and couldn't. So they tried to change it from nothing to smart trait.

The breeding issue is just larger cause the trait also isn't added the in the first place.

To be sure, for you it's also only the smart trait that has this issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 28 (638 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:
@khitteh

To be sure, for you it's also only the smart trait that has this issue ?

In that one instance yes, just the Smart trait. It did not matter whether I scrubbed all traits then applied the Smart trait as first trait then added other traits after, the Smart trait always was the only one to fail to apply to the dog when leaving CAS and playing in the game world.

I haven't edited any pet since, so have no information on if this is something that always will happen in my game or not, or if it was just that one dog.

I think the dog was adopted via Neighbourhood Stories, and it had some puppies in background game (which I deleted in CAS during the first edit attempt on that family). I had never played that family before, just found them with a dog and three puppies.

Message 22 of 28 (627 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Smart trait missing when breeding/not sticking

★ Guide

When I have created a dog of the breeds: Alaskan Malamute, Siberian Huskey, or Samoyed and given them the smart trait in CAS and then added them to the household the trait stays. But if I breed one of the dogs, and either of the dogs that are breeding have the smart trait, any puppy that may have ended up with the smart trait only ever have 2 traits. If the smart trait is something they would not inherit, I have noticed they will have 3 of the other traits. This has happened to me SEVERAL times. Now, at one point, I bred a Huskey with a German Shepherd and the smart trait stayed. But 2 litters later? The smart trait disappeared in the breeding and puppies started to have 2 traits. 

Message 23 of 28 (438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

**** Note **** I am on PS5. I do not use cheats. I'm working for the final 3 trophies I need (26+, triplets, and Guru). So I haven't done any investigating with cas.fulleditmode and dog traits.

Message 24 of 28 (437 Views)

★★ Guide

This issue is not limited to smart dogs. It's also a problem for clever cats. Unless a pet has the clever or smart trait at the start, you cannot change it and it will simply show a missing third trait in their offspring if they were meant to inherit the trait. 

I've also noticed that neither clever or smart show as personality traits when you try to add via debug. Where "smart" should be in the menu, it just doesn't exist. You can add it in full edit CAS, but as others have said, it won't stick. Unless a dog or cat are spawned or created with the traits from the start, it is impossible to give them to them, and the offspring cannot inherit them. It's frustrating, and it's been a problem for as long as I've been playing. Tonight I decided to see if it was a known bug (with the hopes maybe someone had made a mod for it). 

Message 25 of 28 (305 Views)

★ Apprentice

Three years after I posted the original post about this issue and it's still hapening to me, i've had a new PC since then and re-downloaded the game too.

Message 26 of 28 (254 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

EA needs to fix this problem already!

Message 27 of 28 (211 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict  I'm having an issue I haven't had before. I adopted a kitten and a puppy. I went into CAS to change traits. Of the 2 traits I changed, only 1 changed. Meaning Puppy 3 traits, changed 2 traits, only 1 trait changed. The other trait I changed just disappeared. Like the puppy only now has 2 traits. Same with kitten. The trait that disappeared for the dog was SMART and the trait for the kitten CLEVER. I hope I didn't confuse you. I have never had this happen before. Not like this anyway. It was usually missing when I bred a dog. It never happened after I got a pet and then changed the traits. So am I understanding I can't have a smart animal anymore? Not sure if there's any other open reports about this. 

Message 28 of 28 (112 Views)