Can't Sell Garlic Braids from Personal Inventory Don't Own Item

by sushicrow

Original Post

Re: Cannot sell herbs in inventory

Hero
@suzanneottawa I merged your post with the main thread.

How did you acquire the produce ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 53 (1,468 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Cant sell gifts/produce from seed packs from inventory

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm also having this issue. Mods on, off, repaired it, made a new household, everything. If the item was "given" to me I can't sell it (seed packets are bought but when you open they're basically gifted) but anything I grow myself sells just fine.

Edit: this also includes any of the produce I get from asking Patchy for seeds. When I placed one on the ground it said it doesn't belong to the sim.

Message 22 of 53 (1,411 Views)

Can't Sell Garlic Braids from Personal Inventory Don't Own Item

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, CL, GT, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Seasons, Island Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Jungle Adventure, Bowling, Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour. Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a garlic braid, wreath or garland. Try to sell though personal inventory. Drag it from personal inventory and put it on the wall.
What happens when the bug occurs? You get a message "This item can't be sold or destroyed" for all 3 variants and your sim can't sell. Edit: Also message tag that my sim doesn't own the item she just dragged from her inventory onto the wall. You may see that by clicking on the garlic on the wall.
What do you expect to see? Ability to sell garlic garland, wreaths and braids from personal inventory and no message that it can't be sold or destroyed. Edit: I also expect my sim to own the item she made. No klepto trait, just sayin'...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have no idea when this started, I have not had my sim do this in a long time. Happens with humans and vampires. Tested at sim homes and public spaces in one base game town and 2 dlc towns. The garlands, wreaths and braid can be sold if dragged onto a wall in the sim's house thru build mode. Can also be sold from family inventory.

Removed mods, delelted cahce, have updated and reparied game, stared blankly at my wall for good measure. Pic attached.

Edit: Didn't notice this before - my sim does not own this item. I dragged it from her inventory, put it on the wall, click on it and, well it seems as if she stole it from herself. Anther pic attached.

Message 23 of 53 (1,324 Views)

★★ Novice

Experiencing the same issue since installing Cottage Living + Update. I have zero mods, though have used some cheats (ignore gameplay unlocks entitlement, added traits/skills, motherlode). Anyway, I cannot sell excess seeds/produce from my inventory. I have not yet completed growing anything since this update/install to see if that produce can then be sold.

Message 24 of 53 (1,349 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

In case it helps anyone, I’ve had success selling using the multi select button in my inventory. Personally it seems like I’m only seeing this from non-planted extra herbs from seed packets, I was able to sell with multi select. I tested with a couple and could also sell if I dragged them onto the ground and then had my Sims spouse sell them. 

Message 25 of 53 (1,345 Views)

★ Novice
@R0CKFLAGandEAGLE I’m having the same issue. I can put them in the fridge or the flower arranging table but I cannot sell them, gift them or throw them away.
Message 26 of 53 (1,325 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same exact issue. 
However, it is only the produce from seed packets (not from harvesting or being gifted) that will not sell.
This is a massive chore because if you buy seed packets, the only way to get rid of the piles and piles of produce from your inventory is to place them all individually on the ground and delete it with the sledgehammer tool in build/buy mode. But you may have hundreds of individual produce items at that point. Not a good option, but the only thing I've found so far to work around this bug.

Message 27 of 53 (1,312 Views)

Can't sell items from inventory

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except snowy escape cottage living journey to batuu dream home decorator paranormal stuff and I don't have any kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into your sims inventory and try to sell an item such as a lemon or bell pepper or anything garden related or any type of collectibles like rocks, gems etc
What happens when the bug occurs? It won't sell my item it says cannot sell or delete this item
What do you expect to see? To be able to sell everything that used to be sellable
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The newest patch in July

Every time I try to sell something from my sims inventory it won't let me. 

Message 28 of 53 (1,330 Views)

Rif.: [OPEN] Cant sell gifts/produce from seed packs from inventory

★★★★ Novice

I have same problem. No mods in my game. Must say I never had this problem and if I am not wrong, this issue was solved once with an update. So I guess now another update needed

Message 29 of 53 (1,217 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I am experiencing the same issue, I believe it started with the emergency patch 1.77.146.1030. Base game only, no mods/cc-never used. 

Produce or flowers obtained from seed packets can't be sold via the inventory. Produce or flowers obtained via harvesting CAN be sold.

I am not certain if the quality makes a difference, but will update once one of the normal plants has something to harvest. At this point, I can sell harvested items from the inventory, but all of them in my save are evolved beyond normal. I did plant a normal seed, so once it produces something I'll test to see if there's a difference.

I purchased several uncommon seed packets via the planter box and through build/buy. None of the produce/flowers received from the packets can be sold from the inventory when trying to drag and drop them on the sell bar. They can be dragged to the ground or planter box and planted. I've tried dragging them from the ground to another sim's inventory and they are still unable to be sold.

Two workarounds: enable multi-select in the sims inventory and the items can be deleted, or place on the ground and sell in build/buy mode.

Message 30 of 53 (1,202 Views)