by EA_Kent

Original Post

Can't Receive Friend Requests

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? W1ckedHomicide
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. TSVNUMI
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bloodhound
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Main menu and Friends Page
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to add a friend
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? None
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03/10/21
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I am unable to add friends on other platforms. I don't get any requests or a notification and the same thing happens with my friends on switch and PC.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to receive and accept friend requests and send them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Log on to a playstation and try to add a friend on another platform. Ive been having this issue for months.

I just can not receive or send friend requests. And so many different names pop up. Why not give players a unique code and use that to find eachother. 

Message 1 of 8 (444 Views)

Re: Can't Receive Friend Requests

Community Manager

Hi @W1ckedAscension

Have you checked to make sure your privacy settings are set to allow crossplay and invites? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 8 (421 Views)

★ Novice

Hello thank you for getting back to me I appreciate it ! So I have verified that cross play is enabled and on my screen when I'm in the friends menu I have allow cross play invites on but I still never receive anything and my friends on other platforms also don't receive any of my invites. What's interesting to me as well is my playstation gamertag isn't the same as on my EA account as I have changed my playstation gamertag several times and now have a different name. I no longer have _Just_The_Sound_ as my PsN name. 

Message 3 of 8 (418 Views)

Community Manager

@W1ckedAscension 

Your EA Account ID can be different from your PSN ID, so I don't think changing your PSN name would have caused any issues. Do you know if the date of birth on your EA Account would have it set as a child account? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 8 (401 Views)

★ Novice

I don't think so I made the account like 2 or 3 years ago. How would I be able to check and see if it's a child account ? 

Message 5 of 8 (391 Views)

Community Manager

@W1ckedAscension 

You should be able to see the Date of Birth on the account under the About Me section on the Account Management site. For more info on how to get there check out the EA Help website

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 8 (368 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for the reply Kent, I logged on and verified that my account is adult and 18+. I'm still having problems receiving and sending friend requests and there's a glitch where notifications don't even popup to begin with. When a friend searches my name there are usually multiple accounts for different people that come up that are under slightly different names or the same name on a different platform. My friends usually send all of those people that come up a friend request in hopes of sending me one but I never Receive one. And in cases where I find them and send them a friend request they also never receive any sort of notification. It has to be a glitch or something. The only accounts I have linked to my EA account are my switch account and my PSN account. Again I'm just trying to figure out how to play with friends on different platforms. My crossplay invites from the friends menu on Apex legends is on "Display all Invites" and still I get nothing. What could be the problem ? 

Message 7 of 8 (354 Views)

Community Manager

@W1ckedAscension 

Thanks for following up!

Would you mind if we try out some connectivity troubleshooting as well to see if that makes any difference? When you have the chance I'd recommend starting off with the basic connectivity steps from the EA Help website to see if that helps. 

If you're still having any issues after that check out the PlayStation-specific steps as well. Please let me know how that goes once you've been able to give it a shot. Thanks again!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 8 (345 Views)