Can't Pick Generic Lot as Club Hangout

by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

Can't Pick Generic Lot as Club Hangout

★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Outdoor Retreat, Dream Home Decorator, My First Pet Stuff, Paranormal Stuff, and kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have at least one lot being Generic lot type. Create a club. Try to pick the Generic lot as the club's hangout.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't pick Generic lot as club's hangout. It doesn't exist in the list.
What do you expect to see? Possibility to pick Generic lot as club's hangout.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm honestly not sure why we have the Generic lots, because as far as I can tell they can't really be used for anything. When looking around if anyone else had already made a bug report of my problem I stumbled upon a bug report of no visitors coming to Generic lots, and that it's by design. Weird design, because all the other lots have requirements, and I thought it was nice to have a community lot without requirements. There's also the Private Dwelling lot trait, so if we want a community lot to not have visitors we could just use that.

In the Swedish translation of the game the Generic lots are called Allmän, which means public, so I honestly thought it was just a generic community lot working like the other community lots but without requirements. Especially since the description only says that the lot doesn't have requirements and the symbol looks like an open door.

So, is my bug also "by design"? I can't possibly see a reason for not being able to pick this type of lot for a club handout, no matter if it's supposed to be a public or private "community" lot.

Message 1 of 10 (2,605 Views)

Re: Can't Pick Generic Lot as Club Hangout

Hero
@SqueamishNerd It's probably the same: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Player-Created-Generic-Lots-Not-Recognized-For-Events/t...

Since it's been like this from start, I'm thinking it's probably not a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (2,592 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict I looked at that thread, and comment #9 says that it was fixed for events (patch note from Nov 2017), but it doesn't say anything about club hangouts.
Message 3 of 10 (2,524 Views)

Hero
@SqueamishNerd AFAIR it was only a part fix at the time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (2,513 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict Do you think this bug report should be merged with the one about events on generic lots? I'm not sure if events and club gatherings are treated similarly in the game code.
Message 5 of 10 (2,463 Views)

Hero
@SqueamishNerd As they will probably need to be fixed separately, they probably prefer single threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (2,459 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Sadly this is by design.

I don't use generic lots because the game just don't spawn Sims on there and that is the main reason.

But I believe they made like this so generic lots would have some use if you want to make some "storytelling" game without having NPCs interrupting you, and in the same time be on a community lot.

But one way you can "fix" this is by having a club with no specific lot attached to the hangout.

So go the Generic Lot by yourself and start the hangout there, inviting them.
Works for me at least.

Message 7 of 10 (2,433 Views)

Hero
@ceunon20 Did they state that somewhere ? They fixed some of the generic lots to be unpickable for events so I wouldn't rule out that they would look at this as a bug. It is by design that you don't have visitors coming when in my eyes club meetings are more like hosting an event.

At the end of the day, unless EA stated this is by design, we don't know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (2,412 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:
@ceunon20Did they state that somewhere ? They fixed some of the generic lots to be unpickable for events so I wouldn't rule out that they would look at this as a bug. It is by design that you don't have visitors coming when in my eyes club meetings are more like hosting an event.

At the end of the day, unless EA stated this is by design, we don't know.

They didn't, but it's something since the release of get together. 6 years ago basically. 

Back in the day I was the one who opened a post here on EA Answer about this same issue and never had an answer, and I don't even know where the post is to be honest. But I remember accepting this as solution: 

- Go with your Sim to the lot

- Start the hangout there

There was a mod to fix this in MTS, from a friend who saw this post, but he doesn't play the Sims anymore so the mod is outdated D:

Message 9 of 10 (2,395 Views)

Champion

@crinrict Hi!  While I can't say for sure it's by design, I do know that I've never been able to select a generic lot as a club hangout.  So, I don't think it's a "bug" but maybe should be addressed.  Also, I think it might be a misperception to say NPCs don't show up at generic lots because they do.  I set up some generic lots for my sims to use without interference but have had NPCs show up there randomly.  It was especially annoying at a lot in Sulani that I made as a "vacation" lot for my sims to visit.  Some NPCs would show up and I had no way to get rid of them. lol  I ended up removing entry doors and using cheats for my sims to get in and out.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 10 of 10 (2,363 Views)