Re: Can't Move or Do Anything After Spawning...

by AxeFindle

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

I’ve also been having the same issue since the ne patch I can’t find a fix yet but to alt f4 

Message 11 of 26 (1,572 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have this issue aw well as a similar issue - sometimes the game stops receiving mouse input so I can only strafe and move with keyboard, no mouse look.

Message 12 of 26 (1,555 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Exactly the same issue started happening yesterday after I updated the game. Start round in a squad and spawn on squad member, unable to move or interact at at all. Cursor point appears on screen like their is a menu hidden on the screen and the squad and chat box are still there.

I suspect it's a bug with chat and Origin hanging as the round starts if you spawn on a squad mate. I need to test with spawning on a flag or HQ.

Also get the same bug happening mid round if I spawn on a squad member but cannot see a pattern in circumstances to consistently replicate. 

Message 13 of 26 (1,552 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey everyone, 

By any chance did you accidentally hit § key bind? it brings up the console menu if you do. 

/Atic

Message 14 of 26 (1,545 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EA_Atic It's not from the console, as the console doesn't get brought up. However, the bug is as if the console is up, except you can chat and deploy. The only way to get out is to ALT + F4, or by some other hard exit.

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 15 of 26 (1,540 Views)

EA DICE Team

Thanks for the clarfaction @SterlingARCH3R, do you have a video of this happening to you? 

/Atic 

Message 16 of 26 (1,541 Views)

Champion

@EA_Atic Unfortunately, no. It's happened to me 3-4 times already, but I'll try to remember to record it. I can post it here when I do.

I don't work for EA.

Message 17 of 26 (1,536 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @SterlingARCH3R, thanks! It would help a lot incase we can see anything that is triggering the effect/issue. 

Is the issue on all maps, spawn points and game modes? 

/Atic

Message 18 of 26 (1,511 Views)

Champion

@EA_Atic From what I can tell, yeah it happens randomly across all different modes, maps, etc.

I don't work for EA.

Message 19 of 26 (1,503 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aticfor the question with the console, as already said, it's not the console... but it haven't been said that you can still open/close the console...

It honestly seems like it's the summary screen from the round before, that is bugging out...
Pretty sure that when this happens, it always skips the summary screen kinda fast (without me pressing continue)...
Also makes sense with the buttons that are locked and the ones that aren't... in the summary screen you can still chat and use the console... TAB still works too if I'm not mistaken....

And that is the EXACT things I can get the game to react to when this happens, which is all the time.

Also when deploying (with mouse only), it also still seems like there's an overlay since you have the mouse cursor instead of being able to look around.

Hope it helps.... and gets fixed soon.

I won't play a game when I have to Alt+F4 every time I've played a round

Edit:

Someone on here also mentioned that hiding the chat fixed it for him... don't know, haven't had time to try it myself. Seems more like a Round Summary overlay problem if you ask me, but won't rule out that the chat might have some weird thing that triggers the bug.

Message 20 of 26 (1,492 Views)